Sunday, April 26, 2015

WWE Extreme Rules 2015 Preview


Tonight is WWE Extreme Rules live from the Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois on Pay-Per-View and the WWE Network! I will be there, but before I go I'm gonna preview each match.

[Match card from 411mania.com]


WWE Tag Team Title Kickoff Show Match: Champions Tyson Kidd & Cesaro vs. The New Day

I was hoping for the Lucha Dragons, but The New Day will be facing Tyson Kidd & Cesaro. This could be a good match.

Winners: Tyson Kidd & Cesaro

WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Bad News Barrett – TENTATIVE based on Bryan’s condition
This match may not happen. The internet rumors say it won't, but WWE is still listing this as one of the scheduled matches. If Daniel Bryan is not in Chicago, I hope Neville replaces him.

Winner: Daniel Bryan

WWE Divas Title Match: Champion Nikki Bella vs. Naomi

If Naomi is heel now, does that mean Nikki is a face again?

Winner: Nikki Bella

Chicago Street Fight: Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper

This might be my favorite match of the night. Both Ambrose and Harper have extreme backgrounds working for CZW which is a modern day ECW. Should be the most "extreme" match of the PPV.

Winner: Dean Ambrose

“Kiss Me Arse” Match: Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler

Ziggler is one of my favorite wrestlers and I think he can have a great match with Sheamus. I'm curious to see what happens after this match with the "Kiss Me Arse" stipulation.

Winner: Sheamus

Last Man Standing Match: Roman Reigns vs. Big Show

I'm looking forward to this match more than most people I think. It's another opportunity for Roman Reigns to prove to the WWE Universe that he's ready to be in the main event.

Winner: Roman Reigns

WWE United States Title Russian Chain Match: John Cena vs. Rusev

I'm not a big fan of the Cena-Rusev feud, but an interesting gimmick match like a Russian Chain Match could make me enjoy this match. Plus, it's always fun to watch a Cena match in Chicago.

Winner: John Cena

WWE World Heavyweight Title Steel Cage Match (RKO is Banned, Kane is Cage Door Keeper): Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton

This should be the best match of the night and probably will get the most time. A lot of different possibilities for this match. I feel confident that Rollins will win, but I have no idea how he will win.

Winner: Seth Rollins

If I had to rate my interest level for this show on a scale of 1-5, I'd give Extreme Rules a 4. It might not be the best show of the year, but I think there's too many good matches for it to be a bad show. Having only 2 WrestleMania rematches is one of the reasons why this show will probably be better than people are expecting.

2 comments: