Sunday, June 29, 2014

WWE Money in the Bank 2014 Preview


It's WWE Pay-Per-View Sunday! Tonight's PPV is Money in the Bank. I'm previewing and predicting every announced match on the card.

MITB Briefcase Ladder Match: Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Bad News Barrett (could be removed) vs. Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler

My original pick was Bad News Barrett, but it looks like he is out of the match with an injury. I'm guessing the two favorites will be Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins. I like Rollins to win this match so he's my pick. I'm not very confident with that pick.

Winner: Seth Rollins

WWE Tag Team Championship Match: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper vs. The Usos (c)

I like the Wyatt Family to win this match. They could be one of the greatest tag teams in WWE history and I think a loss here would hurt them. They are the stronger team. Give them the Tag Team Championship.

Winners: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper

Layla vs. Summer Rae with special guest referee Fandango.

I can see both Divas winning and picking this match was so hard. I was going to pick Layla because it doesn't make sense for Summer to get back together with Fandango. Then I realized Summer could win, make Fandango think they are getting back together and then Summer rejects him in the ring. After thinking about that, I expect that to happen exactly how I described it.

Winner: Summer Rae

Ryback and Curtis Axel vs. Stardust and Goldust

Stardust (or Goldust) is gonna turn heel soon, but I think that will happen closer to SummerSlam. Too early right now so Stardust and Goldust wins.

Winners: Stardust and Goldust

Big E vs. Rusev

Should be a good match with 8-10 minutes. Rusev needs to go over.

Winner: Rusev

WWE Divas Championship Match: Naomi vs. Paige (c)

Paige won't drop the title here and it's likely Cameron will cost Naomi the match.

Winner: Paige

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match: Cesaro vs. Sheamus vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena vs. Roman Reigns vs. Kane

A swerve is possible, but the safe pick in this match is John Cena. Might be a boring ladder match with no high flyers in this match.

Winner: John Cena

The way I see it, this is a two match show. Maybe the Tag Team Championship match will be awesome if it gets 20 minutes, but this will be a show where the briefcase ladder match is first and then the fans in the arena and at home are bored and waiting for the main event to start. I hope I'm wrong, but this card does not look great on paper especially for a Money in the Bank PPV.

1 comment:

  1. I can see many different ways each ladder match can go. Spot of the night prediction goes to Kofi.

    ReplyDelete