Saturday, July 5, 2014

The 3 Count: WWE Money in the Bank 2014

 

UPDATE on July 5 9:09 PM CT : Wrestling Rambles is back up. This week's The 3 Count will stay here and won't be posted to Wrestling Rambles. A new The 3 Count will be posted to Wrestling Rambles this Wednesday.

[I have decided to post my Wrestling Rambles exclusive column to my blog this week. On Tuesday, I discovered that the Wrestling Rambles website was down and it is still down as I write this on Saturday. I had hoped to post this week's column on Wrestling Rambles, but my post day is every Wednesday and it feels too late to post it there now even if the website came back later today. I don't know when Wrestling Rambles is coming back. I have contacted Ray, the website owner, on Twitter via a tweet and a direct message. I have also sent him an email. I have not gotten any response from him. I will go on a break from writing The 3 Count if the Wrestling Rambles website is down indefinitely. I'm getting a little burnt out from writing and I could use a break. I put a lot of effort into every wrestling thing I do so it's hard for me to give less than 100% effort for eveything I write even if I don't feel like writing much. I'm currently making more videos for my YouTube channel and like my writing, I put a lot of effort into that too. So taking a break from writing will give me more time for my YouTube videos. I don't want to take a long break from writing. I want to go back to writing about wrestling soon. I have been doing this since April 2011 and I don't think I have taken a break that was longer than two weeks. I know that I will be writing again sooner than later. What I don't know is where I will be writing. As of right now, I have not applied to write at a different wrestling website and I am not planning to leave to Wrestling Rambles. I still consider myself an active staff writer for Wrestling Rambles, but I have thought about the possibility of writing somewhere else. I have written for Wrestling Rambles for over two years so I would like to stay there. Hopefully, Ray responds to me soon. I won't make a decision about where I will write until I see what Ray has to say about Wrestling Rambles. I have not currently set any deadline for Ray to respond. My plan is that I will take a break from writing until I know what's going to happen to Wrestling Rambles. That's all I'm going to say about that for right now.] 

Welcome to The 3 Count. There were a lot of surprise returns at RAW this week that I could write about, but there was a WWE Pay-Per-View that happened several days ago. Last Sunday was WWE Money in the Bank and I’m doing a mini-review in this week’s column. Overall, Money in the Bank was a disappointing show, but there were some good matches. I’m writing about my three favorite matches here. The matches are in the order of where they happened on the match card.


1. Seth Rollins wins the Money in the Bank briefcase

This was by far the match of the night. Nothing else came close. I predicted Seth Rollins would win and I felt confident about that prediction, but this match did a good job making me believe that Rollins winning was not a sure thing. There was a spot where Kofi Kingston back dropped Rollins onto a ladder. When that happened, I was marking out because I thought Kofi was going to win the briefcase. I’m not a big Kofi fan, but I was excited to think that WWE was going to give Kofi a huge push. Then Ziggler stopped Kofi from grabbing the briefcase and I was actually mad at Ziggler even though I’m a huge Ziggler fan. Kofi winning doesn’t make sense, but I believed that Kofi was going to win. The match is going very well when it makes me think a guy like Kofi could win. Some of the spots in this match were awesome. I was shocked to see Dean Ambrose suplex Rollins off the ladder. They were so high up and I didn’t think Rollins and Ambrose would take a bump from the high up. I don’t think the human body was made to fall from that height. It’s fortunate that neither man got knocked out from the fall. I saw that many people don’t like the finish to this match. Ambrose was going to win and then Kane, who was not in this match, stopped Ambrose from winning. That led to Rollins climbing the ladder and getting the Money in the Bank briefcase. I like that finish because it makes Ambrose a bigger babyface and Rollins a bigger heel. When they have their one-on-one match, it could be a show-stealer.


 2. Rusev defeats Big E

Just like at Payback last month, Rusev vs. Big E was an entertaining match despite not getting a lot of time. The Payback match got close to four minutes. The match at Money in the Bank got seven minutes. Hopefully, this means that Rusev’s matches will get a little bit longer at every PPV. I’m interested in seeing what he can do in a 12-15 minute match. Rusev and Big E went back-and-forth in this match. I loved the ending. Rusev had Big E in the Accolade which is Rusev’s finishing submission hold. Instead of tapping out immediately like all of Rusev’s opponents, Big E tried to fight out of it before eventually failing. Little things like that can make someone look strong even in a loss. Rusev is now feuding with Jack Swagger, but I hope Rusev and Big E have another match someday because they work great together.


3. John Cena wins the main event ladder match and becomes the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion

This match was one of my top three favorite matches of the night, but that’s only because there weren’t many good matches on this PPV. I didn’t hate this match, but for a main event ladder match, it was disappointing. I’m not really surprised that I didn’t love this match. John Cena was a heavy favorite to win this match. I knew a swerve was possible so I tried to watch the match thinking that someone other than Cena could win, but at no point did I think someone else would win. In the other ladder match, I thought Kofi, Ziggler and Ambrose all had opportunities to win the match. The finish was one of the most anticlimactic endings to a ladder match I have ever seen. Cena hit the Attitude Adjustment to Kane and Randy Orton and started to climb the ladder. Once Cena went up that ladder, I knew the match was over and Cena grabbed the two title belts. There were no “Can he do it?” thoughts in my head when that was happening. The predictability hurt, but what may have hurt even more was the participants in this match. Everyone in this match were brawlers and this is a match where you need at least one high flyer. There were not many great spots compared to the Money in the Bank briefcase match. The one thing about this match I did like was Orton getting accidentally busted open. The ringside doctor tried to stop the blood that was coming out of Orton's head, but it was bleeding a lot near the end of that match and seeing that kept me interested in the match. Blood does add to a match especially a ladder match. I do agree with Cena winning. That was the right decision. This is expected to lead to a Cena vs. Brock Lesnar SummerSlam match and that’s a rare Cena match that I’m very excited about.

Follow me on Twitter: @TonyKegger
Watch my videos on YouTube: tonykegger
Email me: howiwouldbookit@yahoo.com

9 comments:

  1. Been having trouble with Ray's site as well. Hope everything is alright.

    Kofi really steals the spotlight when given the chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is that less than one hour after you posted this comment, Ray gave me an update. The site is back.

      Yeah Kofi was awesome as usual.

      Delete
    2. Cool and yes he is. I wish he had the Boogeyman gimmick. lol

      Delete
  2. Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Money in the Bank 2018 results for June 17, 2018.

    The show featured two Money in the Bank ladder matches, as well as a Last Man Standing match for the WWE Championship. Be back here tomorrow for the complete Best and Worst of Money in the Bank column.

    SEE WWE Money In The Bank 2018 Results @ https://www.thekillerpunch.com/wwe-money-bank-2018-results/

    ReplyDelete