Saturday, May 3, 2014

WWE Extreme Rules 2014 Preview


Tomorrow is WWE Pay-Per-View Sunday! Or WWE Special Events Sunday. I prefer PPV. Extreme Rules is this Sunday night in New Jersey. Extreme Rules is one of my favorite PPVs because I was at Extreme Rules 2012. In this preview, I will give my predictions for every match on the card.

Pre-show WeeLC Match: Hornswoggle vs. El Torito

I read that this match is expected to have mini ladders, mini chairs and mini tables. Also, a midget wrestler is expected to referee this match. I'm not really mad about this match. It's just a pre-show match and it might actually be entertaining. I don't really care who wins. I guess El Torito because he's the babyface in this match.

Winner: El Torito

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Big E vs. Bad News Barrett

I'm so happy for Bad News Barrett. He's getting another chance at being a main event star in WWE and I'm enjoying what he's doing right now. He needs to win the Intercontinental Championship and I think he will.

Winner: Bad News Barrett

WWE Divas Championship: Paige vs. Tamina Snuka

I think Paige will retain her title. It wouldn't surprise me if Tamina wins, but I like Paige in this match because of AJ Lee. The next PPV is Payback in Chicago and WWE is returning to the event and location where AJ won the Divas Championship. That's a great place and time for AJ to get "payback" against Paige.

Winner: Paige

R-Truth and Xavier Woods vs. Alexander Rusev

I can't see Rusev losing this match. My only question is will it be a complete squash or will R-Truth and Woods get in a lot of offense against Rusev?

Winner: Alexander Rusev

Triple Threat Elimination Match: Jack Swagger vs. Cesaro vs. Rob Van Dam

I'm expecting Cesaro to win this match. After winning at Extreme Rules, he may become the #1 contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. I don't like RVD being in this match. I understand WWE wanted to get him on the match card, but this match should have been just Jack Swagger vs. Cesaro. WWE has been building this feud for a long time. Swagger and Cesaro deserve to have a one-on-one PPV match.

Winner: Cesaro 

Steel Cage Match: John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

This is the sleeper match of the night. Their first match at WrestleMania got mediocre reviews. I think this match will be a lot better. I'm thinking that the deal Cena and Wyatt have is that Wyatt would do the job at WrestleMania and in return, Cena will put Wyatt over at Extreme Rules. I got Wyatt winning this match and that might lead to the rubber match happening in Chicago at Payback. This feud is getting better every week. I wouldn't mind this feud being a trilogy.

Winner: Bray Wyatt

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Extreme Rules Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Kane

I don't really got much to say about this match. I'm not excited about it. It seems to be predictable. Kane will be in control for most of the match attacking Bryan's injuries and then Bryan will find a way to win the match. I hope this is the only match of the feud and Bryan has a new opponent next month.

Winner: Daniel Bryan 

The Shield vs. Evolution

This will be the main event in my opinion. It should have had a gimmick added to it, but I'm sure they will have a great match. I got Evolution winning. I'm not confident about that prediction at all. I just feel that Evolution needs this win. They just came back as a group and it would suck to see them lose their first match. Younger fans might wonder what's so great about them. I think Batista needs one more big win before he takes a break from WWE. I think Triple H needs to look strong if he's going to face Roman Reigns later this year. If Ric Flair is at Extreme Rules, he might turn on The Shield and help his Evolution buddies win. It feels like Evolution will win this round and then The Shield will get their win at a later PPV.

Winners: Evolution 

This doesn't look like a very strong card. I'm interested in all of the main event matches, but out of those three matches, the only one I'm really excited about is Evolution vs. The Shield. I see this being mostly a throwaway PPV that will help set-up next month's Payback.



3 comments:

  1. I see Evolution winning. I'm sure of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see the PPV? I got that one wrong,

      Delete
    2. No, just read about it online.

      Delete