Sunday, April 6, 2014

WrestleMania 30 Preview


WrestleMania 30 is tonight! Take it a look at that WrestleMania image I found. Looks awesome! I'm going to try to make this brief. Like always, I'm giving my predictions for every advertised match on the Pay-Per-View card.

Pre-show: The Usos vs. The Real Americans vs. RybAxel vs. Primo and Epico Los Matadores (WWE Tag Team Championship)

This shouldn't have been the pre-show match, but whatever. This isn't one of my top five favorite matches of the PPV. I don't think the Usos are dropping the Tag Team Championship this early.

Winners: The Usos

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

I'll do some extra work and post every announced name so far (and by "extra work" I mean copying and pasting from a wrestling website that will be unnamed): Mark Henry, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Christian, Fandango, Jinder Mahal, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Damien Sandow, Heath Slater, The Miz, Goldust, Big E, Big Show, Alberto Del Rio, Titus O'Neil, Brodus Clay, Darren Young, Justin Gabriel, R-Truth, Rey Mysterio, The Great Khali, Santino Marella, Zack Ryder, Sin Cara, Brad Maddox and 3 other Superstars.

If you want to know how I feel about this match, go read my most recent Wrestling Rambles The 3 Count column at this LINK. Who is going to win the match? I want to say the NXT guy Rusev. He's that big guy from Bulgaria. The problem is that Rusev is not currently in the match so I'll say Sheamus will win.

Winner: Sheamus

The Shield vs. Corporate Kane and The Middle Age Corporate Outlaws

This isn't the match what I wanted The Shield to get, but WWE usually doesn't give me what I want so I shouldn't be surprised. I thought for sure The Shield would win, but now I'm thinking maybe Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose turn heel on Roman Reigns and The Shield loses the match. I'm going to stay with The Shield winning, but The Shield could lose this match.

Winners: The Shield

Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational

Should I do some extra work again and tell you who is in this match (and again by "extra work" I mean copying and pasting from a mystery website)? Okay here you go: AJ Lee, Naomi, Cameron, Brie Bella, Nikki Bella, Natalya, Eva Marie, Emma, Aksana, Alicia Fox, Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes, Layla and Tamina Snuka.

This is easier than the Battle Royal. I'm picking AJ Lee to win just because that's what fans aren't expecting and WWE likes to swerve the fans. Tamina is a good friend and let's AJ pin her.

Winner: AJ Lee

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

It's main event matches time. First up is John Cena's legacy vs. Bray Wyatt and his weird family who aren't even related to him. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Cena won or Bray won. The battle royal is probably the hardest to predict and this match is probably the second hardest. I'm picking Bray to win this match probably with interference and then Cena can win the rematch in a steel cage at Extreme Rules.

Winner: Bray Wyatt

Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

I'll make this quick. Great match. Predictable result. The streak will continue. Will Sting make an appearance after the match? I think Sting won't appear until the next night on RAW.

Winner: Undertaker

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H

It looks like a lot of people think this match will steal the show and I think I agree. This should be a good match and I have a hard time believing it will be a disappointment (assuming the right guy wins). I don't trust Triple H, but even he knows Daniel Bryan winning this match is Best For Business.

Winner: Daniel Bryan

Batista vs. Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)

Time for more copying and pasting. This time from my columns at Wrestling Rambles.

From March 12:

"Here is how I would book [CM] Punk’s WWE return. We now know that Daniel Bryan will be in the main event if he defeats Triple H at WrestleMania. Bryan wins his match against Triple H and is added to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match. The Authority is unhappy that Bryan is in the main event and their goal is to prevent Bryan from walking out of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome as the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Adding Bryan to the main event makes it a triple threat match and that means there are no disqualifications. During the match, Triple H, Stephanie McMahon and Corporate Kane appear at ringside. Right when it looks like Bryan is going to win, Kane and Triple H get in the ring and start attacking Bryan. Then, CM Punk’s music plays and Punk runs out to the ring like Stone Cold Steve Austin at Backlash 2000. Punk gets rid of The Authority and helps Bryan win the match. Bryan is the new World Heavyweight Champion. That would be a great way to end WrestleMania, but I thought of an ending that will either get a lot of people mad or get everyone very interested in watching RAW the next day or maybe both. CM Punk is celebrating in the ring with Bryan and then Punk hits Bryan with the Go To Sleep. Vince McMahon makes his WWE return and walks to the ring. He says something to ring announcer Justin Roberts and gives instructions to the referee. Roberts announces that a match is going to start with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on the line. Punk covers Bryan and Bryan kicks out at two. Punk goes for another GTS and Bryan blocks it. Bryan starts kicking Punk and kicks Punk in the head. Punk is down and Bryan starts a Yes Chant. He is waiting for Punk to get to his feet so he can hit Punk with his running knee finishing move. Vince gets on the ring apron. The referee stops Vince from getting in the ring and Bryan doesn’t approach Vince because he doesn’t want Punk to attack him from behind. While Bryan is focusing his attention on Vince, AJ Lee gets into the ring and hits Bryan with a low blow from behind. Punk gets up and hits Bryan with the GTS. The referee turns around and counts Punk’s pin. WrestleMania 30 ends with CM Punk as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion."

From April 2:

"I hope I’m wrong about this prediction, but I think when WrestleMania 30 is over, Daniel Bryan will not be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. This is not just a guess or a gut feeling. I have reasons for why I believe this will happen. Triple H and Stephanie have been saying that the Yes Movement will end at WrestleMania and that is exactly what will happen if Bryan wins the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. The purpose of the Yes Movement is for Bryan to become the champion. When that happens, the Bryan buzz will go down a little bit because he’s not chasing the championship anymore. Bryan trying to win the championship will get fans more interested in a Pay-Per-View than Bryan defending the championship. Look at the 2011 Summer of Punk storyline. The peak of the Summer of Punk was when Punk was trying to become the WWE Champion at Money in the Bank and the undisputed WWE Champion at SummerSlam. WWE has been trying to stretch out the Yes Movement as much as they can. They are extending the life of the Yes Movement by not giving the fans what they want and making the fans think WWE will give them what they want. Fans thought Bryan would win Money in the Bank and it didn’t happen. Fans thought Bryan would win the WWE Championship at Hell in a Cell and it didn’t happen. Fans thought Bryan would win the Royal Rumble match and it didn’t happen. Now fans think WrestleMania 30 will end with Bryan being the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion and I would not be surprised if it doesn’t happen. I’m not even sure WWE has any plans to make Bryan the champion after WrestleMania if he doesn’t win this Sunday. Some fans think Bryan has to win the championship this Sunday because WWE has to end WrestleMania in a way that sends the fans home happy. WWE doesn’t have to do anything. If they want Batista to be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion at the end of WrestleMania, then that is what they will do. I believe that it’s very possible that Batista’s contract has a guarantee that Batista will win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 30. WWE is teasing that Bryan will be in the main event because they know that will get people to subscribe to the WWE Network or order WrestleMania. After they get the money from the fans, they can do whatever they want because they won’t have to give out refunds. In my opinion, there are two possible endings for WrestleMania that would make this prediction correct. The first one is Batista winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. The second one is Bryan winning the championship with CM Punk’s help and then Punk turns on Bryan and wins the championship in a surprise title match. I’m becoming more convinced every week that CM Punk will return at WrestleMania. The latest Punk update is that he has stopped talking to WWE and his friends in the company which could mean Punk does not want anyone to know about his return other than Vince McMahon and Triple H."

Who do I think will win this match? Will we find out that Batista's contract guaranteed him a title win at WrestleMania or will we see Bryan win the title and then get screwed by CM Punk. I want to see Punk return tonight so I'm going with Bryan winning the match and then Punk winning the title in the unannounced main event.

Winner: Daniel Bryan

I don't think this will be the greatest WrestleMania and I think it will be disappointing to most, but I'm going to watch all six hours of WrestleMania 30 tonight.

3 comments:

  1. I say Aaron Harrison is a mystery guy who will shoot a last minute three to distract HHH from beating Daniel Bryan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is he? A UK guy (congrats by the way)?

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Due to them being in the title game, I won't be watching RAW. Aaron's made 3 buzzer-beaters three games in a row to have UK play on. He has a brother named Andrew who is a twin and also plays on the team.

      Delete