Sunday, November 24, 2013

WWE Survivor Series 2013 Preview


Tonight is the WWE Survivor Series Pay-Per-View and like I usually do on PPV Sunday, I'm posting my predictions for each match.

Kickoff Pre-show Match: Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz

I heard The Miz is heel again. I will admit I did not watch the heel turn happen. When was it? RAW last Monday? The fact that WWE decided to turn Miz heel means they still care a little bit about him. That's more than they currently care about Kofi Kingston so I'm guessing Miz wins this match.

Winner: The Miz

5-on-5 Traditional Elimination Match: Cody Rhodes, Goldust, The Usos and Rey Mysterio vs. Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro

This should be a fun match and I'm predicting that this will be the best match of the night. I'm picking the good guys to win because I wouldn't be surprised if someone on The Shield accidentally does something that hurts their team. The Shield will end eventually and I'm thinking that the start of the end happens at Survivor Series. Also, I don't think Mysterio will lose in his first PPV match back from injury.

Winners:  Cody Rhodes, Goldust, The Usos and Rey Mysterio

7-on-7 Traditional Elimination Match: Cameron, Naomi, Natalya, Eva Marie, Jo Jo and The Bella Twins vs. AJ Lee, Tamina Snuka, Alicia Fox, Kaitlyn, Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes and Aksana

I don't care about this match.

Winners: Team Total Divas

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match: Curtis Axel vs. Big E Langston

WWE should have had the title change happen at this PPV instead of on RAW. It would have made this match more memorable especially if Big E becomes a top superstar someday.

Winner: Big E Langston

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs. The Wyatt Family (Erick Rowan and Luke Harper)

Punk and Bryan should win, but I can see WWE wanting Rowan and Harper to win so they look strong. Husky Harris Bray Wyatt will be ringside so his interference can help his family members win and that cheap win won't make Punk and Bryan look bad. I don't see how that would make the Wyatt Family look strong if they have to cheat to win, but that's how WWE pushes their heels.

Winners: The Wyatt Family

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena

Del Rio winning this match would be the biggest upset of the year and it would prove that Del Rio is the best backstage politician on the WWE roster.

Winner: John Cena

Open Challenge: Ryback vs. ???

It has been reported that Ryback will come out during the PPV and issue an open challenge to anyone who wants to fight him. Unless the mystery opponent is Mark Henry or Undertaker, I'm expecting Ryback to win.

Winner: Ryback or Mark Henry or Undertaker

WWE Championship Match: Big Show vs. Randy Orton

I'm a little bit interested in this match. I'm expecting a boring match, but I'm interested in the outcome. The recent WWE Championship matches have been unpredictable. Daniel Bryan has defeated Orton when Bryan was expected to lose. Orton has defeated Bryan when Orton was expected to lose. I'm not 100% sure Orton will win this match. I can definitely see Big Show winning and having a short title reign. My prediction is that the game of Hot Potato with the WWE Championship will not continue tonight and Orton will retain, but I have no idea how the match will end.

Winner: Randy Orton

I don't think this will be a horrible Survivor Series, but I think it will be very disappointing for a major PPV. For this PPV to be a success, at least five of the PPV matches need to be as good as they can be because there's not going to be two or three classic matches during this PPV.

2 comments: