Sunday, June 16, 2013

WWE Payback Preview


It's Pay-Per-View Sunday and WWE Payback happens tonight at the Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois. I am previewing all 8 matches here including the Kickoff to Payback (or is it "Payback Kickoff" now) match.

Payback Kickoff: Damien Sandow vs. Sheamus

Chicago is Smark City, but there will be many Sheamus fans in the building. I like picking the babyface in dark/pre-show matches because then the show starts with (most of) the crowd in a good mood. Sandow could win, but I don't expect it to happen.

Winner: Sheamus

U.S. Championship: Dean Ambrose vs. Kane

I wrote in a WWE superstars predictions column, "Kane will not win another PPV match for the rest of his career." I wrote that in July 2012. I feel the same way today. Kane will never win another one-on-one match on PPV for the rest of his career and he won't win tonight.

Winner: Dean Ambrose

Tag Team Championship: Team RK-No (Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns

I don't see Daniel Bryan being a tag team champion again so soon and it's too early for Rollins and Reigns to drop the titles.

Winner: Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns

World Heavyweight Championship: Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio

I don't know if Ziggler will have a long title reign, but I don't think he will lose it to Del Rio. 

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Divas Championship: AJ Lee vs. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn might retain, but I think this is a good time to give AJ the title. In my opinion, AJ is the most popular Diva in WWE.

Winner: AJ Lee

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

This match is the hardest match to predict. Punk has lost three PPV matches in a row, but is losing four in a row really a lot worse? I don't think one more loss will be so bad when he has already lost three in a row. I think Jericho wins this match. I don't assume Punk will win just because it's his hometown. Many superstars win in their hometown, but many lose too. I have seen eight CM Punk matches in Chicago I think. He lost four of them. Jericho has never beaten Punk on PPV so he's due for a win. I hope I'm wrong because I want Punk to win, but I'm picking Y2J.   

Winner: Chris Jericho

Intercontinental Championship: Curtis Axel vs. Wade Barrett vs. The Miz

Barrett has been a bad Intercontinental Champion and I don't think The Miz should be Intercontinental Champion. Axel needs the win more.

Winner: Curtis Axel

3 Stages of Hell for the WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Ryback

It's possible WWE could do a swerve and have Ryback win, but I doubt it. I think Cena is keeping that WWE Championship for the rest of 2013.

Winner: John Cena

This looks like another predictable PPV, but I think it will be a good show and possibly one of the best PPVs of the year. There isn't a match that I'm so sure will be horrible. Every match has a chance to be good.

2 comments:

  1. Bringing any signs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thanks!

    Here is my web page ... voyance gratuite

    ReplyDelete