Sunday, July 8, 2012

WWE Superstars Predictions 2012 Part One

Last month, I posted an update on WWE predictions that I made in 2010. After revisiting those predictions, I decided that I have to do a new prediction column and include WWE Superstars that I didn't include in the 2010 predictions. I am going to do predictions on everyone in the WWE including superstars that don't wrestle very often.

There are a lot of people on the WWE roster so this is Part One of my predictions. I hope to have Part Two finished next week.

Alex Riley - Riley has been a disappointment so far in his WWE career. I expected him to do good things in the WWE, but right now he is barely used and his biggest accomplishment has been defeating The Miz in a singles match at the Capitol Punishment 2011 Pay-Per-View. I don't think Riley will be used much for the rest of this year. I still think Riley has some potential, but at this point it's hard to guess what will happen to him. He is already on the wrong side of 30, but I think he still has a chance to turn his career around if he works hard.

Big Show - I think Big Show is probably getting close to the end of his long professional wrestling career. I do see him getting one last push before he retires and I think within the next 18 months, Big Show will be the World Champion one final time.

Brock Lesnar - Right now, I do not think Lesnar will be stay with the WWE past WrestleMania 29. He is expected to compete at SummerSlam and WrestleMania. I think he will also compete at either Survivor Series or the Royal Rumble. Maybe both. Who will be his WrestleMania opponent? I'm predicting The Rock.

Chris Jericho - Jericho has become a jobber since returning to the WWE. He won a few matches, but has not won a PPV match yet. This is disappointing because just a few years ago, Jericho was the best wrestler in the WWE. Jericho is expected to leave the WWE sometime after SummerSlam. I'm not sure when he will come back, but I think he will come back again. When he does come back, I think it will be part-time. I also think the Jericho will be never EEEEEEVER be World Champion again.

CM Punk - Punk said that he will retire sooner than we think. I don't know how soon, but I think it is less than four years away. I think Punk won't become the first WWE Superstar since John Cena to have a one year reign as WWE Champion. I think Punk will have a few more World Championship reigns before he retires, but his current reign will be by far his longest reign. I think CM Punk will win the Royal Rumble once before he retires. I think CM Punk will have at least one more five star match, but it won't happen this year. I wouldn't be surprised if CM Punk had a match with The Rock because the storyline would be amazing. My final Punk prediction is that the CM Punk vs. Stone Cold match will happen someday, but it won't happen at WrestleMania 29.

Curt Hawkins - Okay, what can I say about Curt Hawkins other than that I'm surprised he is still on the WWE? I think Hawkins can be valuable to the WWE, but only as a guy that is used to get other people over (like Ryback for example). I don't see Hawkins as anything more than a jobber.

David Otunga - I don't think Otunga will ever be a successful wrestler, but he does great in his outside-the-ring roles. I can see Otunga becoming a manager in the near future and becoming one of the greatest managers in WWE history.

Dolph Ziggler - I think Ziggler has everything someone would need to be a World Champion in the WWE. The two most important skills in my opinion are mic skills and the ability to be a good worker in the ring. I think Ziggler has both of those skills. Almost every year, the Money in the Bank match creates a new main event superstar. Last year it was Daniel Bryan and in 2010 it was The Miz. This year it is Dolph Ziggler. I'm predicting that Ziggler will win the World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank match and he will successfully cash it in later this year. Ziggler will have at least five World Championship reigns and he will be a main event superstar for a long time.

Evan Bourne - I'm not sure Bourne will come back this year. He might never come back. If Bourne does come back, he will be used as a jobber for Ryback.

Jack Swagger - Swagger used to have so much potential, but not anymore. Swagger is in mid-card hell right now and doesn't seem close to being a main event superstar. I don't expect him to win another World Championship or even be in another World Championship match. He can't even get in the Money in the Bank match.

John Cena - The last time Cena was the World Champion was in 2011. He has not been a World Champion in 2012. The last time Cena went this long in a year before winning a World Championship was 2008 when he won the World Heavyweight Championship in late November. Cena is spending more time without the title now. Cena will become champion again, but less often I think. I'm not sure that he is a lock to break Ric Flair's record of 16 World Championship reigns. Cena has 12 right now. Cena will always be a main event superstar until he retires, but I don't think he will be saying "The Champ is here" many more times in his career. Cena's career has peaked and the WWE has other guys who can be World Champion.

John Laurinaitis - I don't think Johnny Ace is gone for good. Not only will Johnny return someday, but I am predicting he will be named the new general manager in the WWE on the 1000th episode of RAW.

JTG - When the WWE starts releasing a bunch of WWE Superstars, JTG will be one of those guys. I expect him gone either this year or next year.

Kane - Does Kane have one last title run left in him? I don't think so. Kane will continue to be used in main event matches, but he will put his opponents over. Kane will not win another PPV match for the rest of his career.

Kofi Kingston - Kofi needs to stay in the tag team division because that's the only thing working for him. He might someday win the Intercontinental or United States Championship again, but he will never be a World Champion or a main event superstar.

Mason Ryan - Where has Mason Ryan been? He has no value left because Ryback replaced him. Ryan will be one of Ryback's first "real" opponents and Ryback will beat Ryan so bad that Ryan is forced to retire from the WWE. That's a good way to push Ryback and get rid of Ryan at the same time.

Michael McGillicutty - Is McGillicutty still on the roster? If he works hard, maybe he can get more TV time, but it is not looking good for McGillicutty. I think he wouldn't still have a job in the WWE if he wasn't the son of WWE Hall of Famer Mr. Perfect.

The Miz - Miz is not in the WWE right now because he is filming The Marine 3. Being one of the three Marines won't help Miz because the last Marine was Ted DiBiase. The Miz is a hard worker and I believe he will work his way back into the main event picture. I'm not so sure he will ever win the WWE Championship again.

Primo and Epico - These guys are interesting. They are both good in-ring performers so they could have a long career in the WWE. Primo has been with the WWE since 2008. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the tag team championships again. I don't think Primo and Epico will have any success as singles superstars.

Rey Mysterio - Rey is expected to return at the 1000th episode of RAW. I'm not sure how Rey will be used in the future. I think he will still be a main event guy, but it doesn't make sense to ever make him a World Champion again. Too many guys deserve a major push more than Rey. I think Rey will be used to get rising superstars over like Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler.

The Rock - I'm predicting that The Rock will be in the Royal Rumble match next year and he will win the Royal Rumble. Then he will go to WrestleMania and win the WWE Championship. I don't think The Rock will have another match this year, but he will make at least one more WWE appearance in 2012.

R-Truth - I think what you see from R-Truth now is what you will see for the rest of his WWE career. He will win some matches, maybe add one more championship reign to his career accomplishments, and make people laugh with his "Little Jimmy" gimmick.

Santino Marella - Santino is someone who won't be used more or less for the rest of his career I think. The bad news is that his career has peaked, but the good news is that he should make a good amount of appearances on WWE TV for the rest of his career. Santino appears on TV a lot and many superstars on the WWE roster don't get that much TV time.

Tensai - I think Tensai is another future Ryback opponent. He will be used to get guys over. I don't think Tensai will have any major accomplishments in the WWE, but he's a good veteran and he is a good guy to have on the WWE roster.

Triple H - I still think Triple H may have one last push left in him. It wouldn't shock me if Triple H wins the WWE Championship one final time. But that's in the future. For right now, I think he will have another WrestleMania match next year. I don't want to say for sure that he will beat Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam, but I think it could happen. Lesnar should win, but then again I thought CM Punk would defeat Triple H last year.

Tyler Reks - See JTG.

Zack Ryder - Zack is another Santino Marella. I think he's nothing more than a guy that is used to entertain the crowd. The WWE tried to push him by giving the United States Championship and that failed. Ryder may get another push in the future, but I don't think he's the kind of guy who will ever be a main event superstar. I think a heel turn might be good for his career because right now he's known as the goofy fist-pumping guy who says "Woo woo woo" and "Are you serious, bro" a lot.

5 comments:

  1. I've been hearing that Perfect Jr. has been turning heads recently on NXT and may be in line for a push in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't hear that. Good for him because I liked him during NXT season 2.

      Delete
    2. There's even talk of him using his real name.

      Delete
    3. I was right about The Rock.

      "he will make at least one more WWE appearance in 2012."

      Delete
    4. Yup. He'll be the guy AJ runs off with. *winks*

      Delete