Sunday, July 29, 2012

WWE Superstars Predictions 2012 Part Two

This is part two of my WWE Superstars Predictions 2012. Click HERE for part one.

Alberto Del Rio - I really don't think Del Rio will be with the WWE much longer. He will be one of those guys who had a very successfully four year run in the WWE like Mick Foley. Del Rio joined the WWE is 2010 so I think he has only two years left. I'm predicting he will have a stint as a face and will become World Champion at least two more times.

Antonio Cesaro - This guy is very talented in the ring. Is he a future World Champion? I don't think so, but I would expect him to win the Intercontinental Championship and United States Championship a few times. I wouldn't be surprised if he joined a tag team at some point. I think Cesaro is the next Kofi Kingston in the WWE.

Brodus Clay - Brodus reminds me of Rikishi and that's good and bad for Brodus. The good news is that Rikishi had a very good career with the WWE, but the bad news is that Rikishi was never the World Champion. Brodus may turn heel at some point, but I don't see him winning the World Championship. If Mark Henry had to wait 15 years to become World Champ, then I don't see how Brodus will ever be the World Champion.

Camacho - Will Camacho ever be anything more than Hunico's bodyguard? I don't think so and he will be successful like Kevin Nash once he leaves Hunico. In a few years, no one will remember Camacho.

Christian - Christian has to be getting close to the end of his career. Last Monday on RAW, he dropped the Intercontinental Championship to The Miz so I think he will spend his last few years in the WWE helping younger superstars. I think his World Championship win at Money in the Bank 2011 was the last time he will win a World Championship in the WWE.

Cody Rhodes - Cody is a good wrestler, but I don't know if he deserves the World Championship. He should have a long career in the WWE, and maybe the WWE will give him a World Championship reign at the end of his career just like they did for Christian. Rhodes does seem to be similar to Christian so that would put him as a borderline Hall of Famer when he retires. Cody is still very young (just turned 27 last month) and still has great potential. I'm interested in seeing the rest of his WWE career.

Damien Sandow - Sandow may be new, but Aaron Stevens joined the WWE in 2002. He once wrestled as the Easter Bunny at Vengeance 2003 (that's not a joke...look it up). So even though Sandow looks impressive, his WWE career won't be anything special. Maybe he'll win the Intercontinental Championship, but nothing more than that.

Daniel Bryan - Daniel Bryan is one of my favorite WWE Superstars. I have no doubt that he will be in the Hall of Fame someday. Daniel Bryan will win another World Championship either this year or next year. He will have at least five great WrestleMania matches and the first one will be next year. I'm expecting Daniel Bryan to have at least 10 more years with the WWE. His career will be just as good (if not better) as Chris Jericho. Daniel Bryan will win the World Championship at least four more times.

Drew McIntyre - I like Drew and I think he has a lot of potential, but the WWE doesn't feel the same way. Drew will probably be gone from the WWE in 2013.

Ezekiel Jackson - Is Ezekiel Jackson still in the WWE? I guess he is still on the roster, but I would think he would be gone sometime in 2013.

The Great Khali - Khali doesn't have anything left to offer. He will never win another PPV match and he will be out of the WWE in 2013. WWE expects Khali to return to the ring within 2-3 months after his recent brain surgery, but I think it's possible he may never return to the WWE.

Heath Slater - A lot of people are high on Heath Slater, but I'm not. I think he will continue to get a lot of TV time, but he will never win another championship in the WWE.

Hunico - I don't know what to say about Hunico. Maybe he'll win a tag team championship, but probably he will be just another guy for the annual 30-man Royal Rumble match.

Jey and Jimmy Uso - The Usos will win the tag team championship in 2013. I don't think it will happen this year, but next year for sure. They will only have success as a team and will have no success as single superstars.

Jinder Mahal - I expect Jinder to get a push someday, but I don't think he will win a World Championship or turn face in his WWE career.

Johnny Curtis - I don't know much about Johnny Curtis and he's rarely on WWE TV so I assume he will be released sometime in 2013.

Justin Gabriel - Gabriel won't be used much for the rest of his career other than the Money in the Bank ladder match and the Royal Rumble match.

Mark Henry - Mark Henry will retire in 2013 and he will never win another World Championship.

Randy Orton - Orton will return strong after his suspension and he will win a World Championship in 2013. I also think he will finally have another World Championship match next year at WrestleMania 29.

Ryback - Ryback will be a disappointment. He's had a huge build-up, but he will never win the World Championship. I'm predicting he will have two or three main event PPV matches, but he will lose all of them. Ryback is the next Vladimir Kozlov, not the next Goldberg. For the rest of this year and next year, he won't compete in any big matches.

Sheamus - I'm predicting that Sheamus will have a Hall of Fame career and he will be a seven-time World Champion. Sheamus will lose his World Heavyweight Championship this year, but he will win the World Championship at least two times during the 12 months after he loses his title.

Sin Cara - I think the Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio match will happen and it will happen next year assuming they are both healthy. After that, Sin Cara may not have much time left in the WWE.

Ted DiBiase - DiBiase has been hurt, but I think he will return soon. I still think he could win a World Championship someday, but I'm not expecting it to happen. I think DiBiase will turn heel again before he leaves the WWE.

Titus O'Neil and Darren Young - These two guys have been interesting. They will definitely win the tag team championships either this year or next year. I think Young is more likely to have singles success because he is younger than O'Neil.

Trent Barreta - Barreta has a lot of talent, but I think he will be future endeavored either this year or next year.

Tyson Kidd - Tyson is talented, but he doesn't get used much. I think he will be entered into the Money in the Bank ladder match every year, but he won't do much other than that. Maybe he'll join another tag team.

Undertaker - The Undertaker is 47 years old. He will be 48 at the next WrestleMania. I'm predicting that he will continue to only wrestle at WrestleMania and he will retire after WrestleMania 31 in 2015 at the age of 50.

Wade Barrett - I thought Wade would have won a World Championship by now, but he's been injured. I think he will return sometime this year and win a World Championship in 2013.

Yoshi Tatsu - Yoshi is a funny guy and maybe that's why he is still in the WWE. I wouldn't be shocked if he is released this year or next year.

That's it for my predictions. I'll revisit this column sometime in the future and find out how I did.

7 comments:

  1. I read that Kidd should be getting a push later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll believe it when I see it.

      Delete
    2. Hope the rug doesn't get pulled out from under him. In fact, I think he might be the one to take Rey's spot after Rey leaves.

      Delete
    3. I thought Del Rio is supposed to take Rey's spot or maybe Sin Cara. When I see Kidd, I see Evan Bourne.

      Delete
    4. Del Rio isn't a small-high-flyer. Sin Cara is unproven so far. Kidd has it right now.

      Delete
    5. But can Tyson Kidd draw attention and help sell out arenas? Bourne would have been a decent replacement, but now he's the next Jeff Hardy.

      Delete
    6. It'll take time with Kidd, but he can go in the ring. As long as his good backstage, Kidd should be ok.

      Delete