Sunday, July 22, 2012

How I Would Book It: The AJ and Daniel Bryan Wedding


Welcome to How I Would Book It. This is not a prediction column. I'm not trying to predict what will happen during "The Wedding of AJ & Daniel Bryan" on this Monday's 1,000th episode of RAW. I'm writing about what I would do if I was given the opportunity to run the segment. Every wedding in the WWE doesn't have a happy ending. How will this wedding ceremony end? This is how I would book the AJ and Daniel Bryan wedding.

During the wedding, the priest asks if anyone has any objections and no one says anything. So the priest asks Daniel Bryan if he takes AJ to be his wife. After Daniel Bryan says, "I do", it is AJ's turn to say "I do" and they will be officially married. Finally, a wedding ceremony in the WWE that actually ends without interruption. But this wedding doesn't have a happy ending and it is AJ who ruins the wedding. She tells Daniel Bryan that she can't marry Daniel Bryan right now because earlier today, AJ found out that she is....pregnant! The problem is that AJ doesn't know who the father is. Daniel Bryan says, "What do you mean you don't know who the father is? I'm the father." AJ says she's not sure about that. Daniel Bryan asks who she thinks might be the father. AJ says, "Kane".
The next week on RAW, they do a paternity test to see who is the father. Michael Cole is playing the role of Maury Povich and his job is to read the results. AJ, Daniel Bryan, and Kane are all in the ring. Daniel Bryan asks Cole to read the results for Kane first. Cole says, "Kane...you are not the father." Daniel Bryan hugs AJ and starts a yes chant. Cole reads Daniel Bryan's results and says, "Daniel Bryan...you are....not the father." Daniel Bryan is stunned and Jerry Lawler says, "Who's the father?"

Then for the next several weeks, RAW has live paternity tests to find out who the father is. Several superstars get tested including Zack Ryder, The Great Khali, Santino, and Hornswoggle. During these weeks, Daniel Bryan gets angry at AJ and says, "How could you sleep with all those men?" AJ says that it was in the past and Daniel Bryan is the only man that matters right now. Then on RAW one week, AJ makes an announcement in the ring. She invites Daniel Bryan to the ring. AJ reveals that she is not pregnant and the test results were fake. She tells Daniel Bryan that she wasn't ready for marriage yet and wanted to see how Daniel Bryan would react if he thought she slept with the entire WWE locker room. AJ says Daniel Bryan failed her test. The engagement is over and they never get married.

I think that would be interesting stuff...at least more interesting than the stuff on RAW right now. And that's how I would book the AJ and Daniel Bryan wedding.

3 comments:

  1. I say have it go off without a hitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't think Kane will be involved in any way? It wouldn't the first time Kane ruined a wedding. I hope he doesn't tombstone the priest this time.

      Delete
    2. Oh, it's just what I would want, not what I think will happen. How about a quick wedding that actually happens?

      Delete