Sunday, January 26, 2014

2014 WWE Royal Rumble Preview



Tonight is the WWE Royal Rumble! Who will go to WrestleMania XXX in New Orleans? I'm giving my predictions for every advertised match including the Royal Rumble match.

Kickoff Pre-show: The New Age Outlaws vs. Cody Rhodes & Goldust (WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP)

It makes sense for the New Age Outlaws to win. Cody & Goldust need to drop the Tag Team Championship soon. The NAO would have a short reign and then probably drop the championship to the Usos at WrestleMania. It would be awesome to see the NAO at WrestleMania. My only concern is will there be a title change during a pre-show match? I say yes because it seems like WWE is trying to make people more interested in their Kickoff match and doing a title change would definitely send a message that anything can happen during one of the Pay-Per-View Kickoff matches.

Winners: The New Age Outlaws

Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt

Daniel Bryan should win this match because it's probably the blow-off to the feud. My question is, will the Wyatt Family beat up Bryan after the match and force him to be sent to the hospital?

Winner: Daniel Bryan

Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show

Lesnar is probably going to win this match. I'm not sure how he's going to do it. He can't just walk in the ring and completely dominate Big Show because of how much Big Show has dominated Lesnar on RAW. I don't think Lesnar getting a hard-fought victory makes him look very strong because Big Show isn't really that good. I'm interested to see what happens and hopefully they don't break the ring again.

Winner: Brock Lesnar

Randy Orton vs. John Cena (WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP)

My guess is that Orton will win. I want to pick Cena, but I picked him last month and he lost. Fool me once, fool me twice...you know the rest. If you don't, Google it. I'm assuming Orton's win won't be clean. Maybe Cena will win by countout or disqualification, but I hope they don't do that ending for an important rematch during a major PPV.
 
Winner: Randy Orton

30 Man Royal Rumble Match (WINNER WILL BE IN THE MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA)

As far as I can remember, never has there been a bigger favorite than Batista to win the Royal Rumble. WWE is doing everything, but officially naming him the winner. The only other threat to win is CM Punk and he's not much of a threat according to WWE because he will be the #1 entry. My theory is that Batista's win is too predictable. It's supposed to be hard to predict a winner of a 30 man match, not easy. The dirtsheets are sometimes able to predict the winner, but WWE is supposed to make you think there are a bunch of possible winners and this year, Batista is the only favorite to win according to WWE TV. I just saw a commercial for next week's RAW with the voice-over guy saying, "Watch RAW to see if Batista won the Royal Rumble". It's too obvious that Batista will win, so I think Batista will not win. So who is going to win? I don't think it will be Punk. It probably won't be Bray Wyatt. I think it is too early for Roman Reigns. I say it will be Daniel Bryan. I know that Bryan is not advertised and that's what makes his win more likely. When Edge won in 2010, he was not advertised. Same for Cena in 2008. WWE likes to swerve people so if Bryan leaves the arena in an ambulance tonight after a Wyatt Family beatdown, I'm expecting Bryan to come back and win the Royal Rumble. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can't imagine WWE being that predictable. It's hard to be unpredictable with the smart fans, but even the little Jimmys are expecting Batista to win this match.

Winner: Daniel Bryan

This is an interesting PPV. It could be very good, very predictable, neither or both. I'm expecting it to be mostly predictable, but hopefully the matches are enjoyable. The Royal Rumble match is usually fun to watch. For fun, I randomly picked the #3 so I'm curious to see who #3 is. It's probably going to be Jinder Mahal. Good thing I don't have any money on the line.

1 comment: