Saturday, October 5, 2013

WWE Battleground Preview


The first ever WWE Battleground Pay-Per-View is this Sunday and I'm going to try to do a short preview of it. I'm giving predictions for all advertised matches.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow (Kickoff Match)

This is a hard match to pick. Both of these guys have been losing a lot and need a win. Sandow needs the win a little bit more because he needs to look good before he cashes in his briefcase. It seems like WWE usually gives the win to the wrong person, so I'm going to pick Ziggler.

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Kofi Kingston vs. Bray Wyatt

I doubt Kofi wins this match. He's playing the role of the good worker whose job is to make Wyatt look strong. I know this because I'm reading Bob Holly's book and based on what he wrote, Holly might be been Wyatt's opponent this Sunday if he was still wrestling. Holly wrote that many times WWE used him to lose to guys they were trying to push because Holly was a good worker and could make his opponent look good. That is who Kofi is in this match so that means he is not going to win.

Winner: Bray Wyatt

Curtis Axel vs. R-Truth (Intercontinental Championship)

This is a good time to take the title off Axel, but R-Truth is not the right guy to become the new champion. 

Winner: Curtis Axel

AJ Lee vs. Brie Bella (Divas Championship)

I don't think AJ loses her title here, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brie became the new champion.

Winner: AJ Lee

Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns

I don't feel comfortable picking the Rhodes brother to defeat The Shield, but the Rhodes got to get their jobs back somehow so I guess they will win this match.

Winners: Cody Rhodes & Goldust

Alberto Del Rio vs. Rob Van Dam (Battleground Hardcore Rules World Heavyweight Championship Match)

I don't think RVD wins the title so I'm picking ADR. This should be a fun match. 

Winner: Alberto Del Rio

CM Punk vs. Ryback

Has Ryback ever defeated Punk? I think Ryback needs this win to make him look stronger. It won't be a clean win for Ryback, but a win over Punk would make Ryback look better.

Winner: Ryback

Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton (WWE Championship)

I don't think someone is going to walk-out of the PPV with the WWE Championship. If Bryan wins, somehow he will have the title taken away from him. If Orton wins, I doubt he will hold it for more than 1 or 2 months. I think the best thing for WWE to do is have a finish that results in neither man winning the title and that will prevent a game of Hot Potato with the WWE Championship.

Winner: Double count-out

I won't be watching this PPV not because I don't want to see it, but because I don't think I'll be able to see it. Like Night of Champions, I have low expectations for this PPV.

3 comments:

  1. I want that game! Seriously, a cartoony wrestling game would be the bomb diggity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how it's based on the GTA video game cover.

      Delete
    2. A GTA-style WWE game has potential.

      Delete