Saturday, September 14, 2013

WWE Night of Champions 2013 Preview


Welcome to another WWE Pay-Per-View preview. I can't believe PPV Sunday is almost here. SummerSlam didn't feel that long ago. In this preview, I'm giving my predictions for each match.

#1 Contenders Tag Team Turmoil Pre-show Match - 3MB vs. Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro vs. The Usos vs. Darren Young and Titus O'Neil vs. Tensai and Brodus Clay

The heavy favorites going into this match are The Prime Time Players. After watching Smackdown, I think The Usos are going to win this match.

Winners: The Usos

WWE United States Championship Match - Dolph Ziggler vs. Dean Ambrose


This is an interesting match-up. It's the first Ziggler vs. Ambrose match on PPV and I like new PPV match-ups. This could be a good match. I'm expecting Ambrose to win and retain his title.

Winner: Dean Ambrose

WWE Divas Championship Match - Natalya vs. Naomi vs. Brie Bella vs. AJ Lee

Night of Champions usually has at least one title change so I'm expecting a title change here. It's hard to pick which Total Diva will win the title. WWE needs a babyface champion so I'll go with Natalya.

Winner: Natalya

WWE Tag Team Championship Match - Winners of Kickoff Pre-show match vs. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns

Whoever wins the pre-show match, I don't think they will defeat The Shield. 

Winners: Rollins and Reigns

Handicap Elimination Match - CM Punk vs. Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel

CM Punk has done a good job promoting this match. CM Punk vs. a manager and a former NXT rookie in a handicap match doesn't sound like a great match-up, but CM Punk's promos have made this match interesting. I want to see what CM Punk does to Paul Heyman if he gets his hands on him. Will he? I'm not sure. It seems like nothing can stop Punk from getting to Heyman and WWE likes to swerve people when they are expecting something to happen. I say somehow Heyman escapes Detroit without getting attacked by Punk. Save that attack for Chicago in 9 days.

Winners: Heyman and Axel

World Heavyweight Championship Match - Rob Van Dam vs. Alberto Del Rio

This could be a good match. I don't expect RVD to win the championship. I would love to see it happen, but I don't think RVD is the guy WWE wants to take the title away from Del Rio. Ziggler and Christian deserved the title more than RVD and they didn't win against Del Rio. I could be wrong because Night of Champions usually has two or more title changes.

Winner: Alberto Del Rio 

WWE Championship Match - Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton

I don't think Bryan is going to win this match. I would love Bryan to win this match, but I think there's a 0.5% chance of that happening. I think this feud is going to be like the Triple H vs. The Rock feud during the Attitude Era. Triple H was the champion and The Rock would come close to taking the title away from Trips, but Rock would get screwed somehow. Bryan is going to get screwed a lot by Triple H...[||]Pause...during this feud and I think Bryan gets screwed at Night of Champions. It will be a very dirty win for Orton.  

Winner: Randy Orton

I'm not too excited about Night of Champions. It's got "Throwaway PPV" written all over it. None of these matches are really must-see to me. I think Bryan vs. Orton will be good, but I know I'm not going to like the ending of that match. Ziggler vs. Ambrose and RVD vs. ADR intrigue me a little and hopefully those will be good matches.

3 comments: