Sunday, February 17, 2013

2013 WWE Elimination Chamber Pay-Per-View Preview

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1955161/EC_poster_large.jpg 

This is my Elimination Chamber predictions column. I will preview all of the matches currently on the card. I went 2 for 4 at the Royal Rumble last month. 

Elimination Chamber Match (#1 Contender Match For The World Heavyweight Championship)
Chris Jericho vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry vs. Kane vs. Jack Swagger


Kane, Daniel Bryan, and Jack Swagger are unlikely to win. Mark Henry could win, but I don't see it happening. So it's between Orton and Jericho. I guess Orton is the favorite, but I know the perfect WrestleMania opponent for Jericho and Jericho needs to win for it to happen.

Winner: Chris Jericho

WWE United States Championship Match
The Miz vs. Antonio Cesaro

I wouldn't be surprised if Miz takes the title from Cesaro, but I don't think it should happen. Cesaro needs to drop the title to somebody else. I don't know who, but not The Miz. 
  
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
 
World Heavyweight Championship Match
Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio

This is Big Show's second re-match. Christian once won the WHC after getting a second re-match in 2011 against Orton. Actually, I think it was his third re-match. But other than Christian, most guys don't do good in their second re-match so I'm predicting that Del Rio retains again like he did at Royal Rumble.

Winner: Alberto Del Rio

Bonus Match For The World Heavyweight Championship
Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler

After the match, Ziggler cashes in his briefcase and wins the title. This means we will see Ziggler vs. Jericho at WrestleMania. 

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Six-Man Tag Match (Possible Elimination Chamber Match)
The Shield (Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns) vs. John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus

Cena needs to win so he looks strong going into his WrestleMania match against Rocky...er...I mean the winner of tonight's main event.

Winners: Cena, Ryback and Sheamus

WWE Divas Title Match
Tamina Snuka vs. Kaitlyn

I'm picking Tamina just because having a heel Divas Champion is usually more interesting than a babyface Champion.

Winner: Tamina Snuka

EDIT: I did some thinking and I don't think Tamina will win. Kaitlyn needs to have a long title reign because the Diva division is so weak right now. They need a new star.

Winner: Kaitlyn

WWE Title Match
CM Punk vs. The Rock

This match has a stipulation that says if Rock is disqualified or counted out, he loses the title. Assuming Rock doesn't kick Punk in the nuts like Orton did in 2011 against Christian, I don't see Rock getting disqualified. He won't get counted out either. Rock will probably get attacked by someone not named CM Punk, then turn into Super Rock, and defeat Punk after hitting Punk with a DDT. 

Winner: The Rock

I think this PPV might be disappointing and too predictable. I'd be shocked if I get more than one prediction wrong.

2 comments:

  1. It might be easy to predict, but I can see some really good matches.

    I agree about Kaitlyn being made into a star. She's very strong and has a terrific look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlyn won...I saw that the match was four minutes...wow.

    ReplyDelete