Sunday, January 27, 2013

2013 WWE Royal Rumble Preview


The Royal Rumble is tonight and here are my predictions. I am only previewing the four announced matches on the actual show so no preview for the pre-show match.

Last Man Standing Match for the World Heavyweight Title Match
Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio


It's hard to imagine Del Rio beating Big Show for the second time in a row in a Last Man Standing match, but I also think it's hard to imagine that Del Rio would lose the title this quickly. It should be a good match...maybe not as good as the Smackdown match but a good match and I'm guessing that Del Rio will win.

BONUS MATCH for the World Heavyweight Championship
Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio

I know I said I would only preview the four announced matches...I lied. Match cards are subject to change and so are my preview columns. Ziggler comes out, cashes in his briefcase, and Ziggler becomes the new World Heavyweight Champion. 

WWE Tag Team Title Match
Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan


Many people are picking the Rhodes Scholars to win the match. I want to disagree with them, but I think they are right. I hope they are right. I want Daniel Bryan in a world championship match at WrestleMania and not a tag team championship match. It's time to take the titles off Team Hell No after more than 130 days. I'm picking Rhodes and Sandow to be the new champs. 

WWE Title Match
The Rock vs. CM Punk


This should be a great match because it has two guys who are going to do their best to steal the show. I don't think this match will be a disappointment because Punk and Rock are creative guys who will come up with good spots in the match. I think most people are saying Rock will win and I think they are wrong because that's too obvious. I expect The Rock to become WWE Champion, but it doesn't have to happen at this match. I think it will happen at Elimination Chamber. CM Punk will find a way to retain the title.

30-Man Royal Rumble Match


#1 was supposed to be Dolph Ziggler, but he's the champion now so he's out of the match. He is replaced by [insert legend or returning superstar or guy who shouldn't be wrestling but it's okay because this is the Royal Rumble or celebrity]! Wow...I can't believe [he or she] is in the Rumble! I haven't seen [he or she] since [insert year, month, day, or time here]! After that surprise, there will be 3 or 4 more surprise participants in the match.Who will win? I want to take a chance and pick Daniel Bryan or Randy Orton, but I'll play it safe and say John Cena will win the Royal Rumble.

1 comment:

  1. I say Punk will win as well...oh, wait.

    ReplyDelete