Sunday, August 19, 2012

WWE SummerSlam 2012 Preview


Tonight is WWE SummerSlam in Los Angeles. There are eight announced matches and I will preview all of them. I plan on watching SummerSlam and I hope it's a good show.

Pre-show: Santino Marella vs. Antonio Cesaro (United States Championship)

I won't be watching this match and that doesn't bother me. It will probably only get about five minutes. This match isn't easy to predict, but I think it's time to take the title off Santino.

Winner: Antonio Cesaro

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio (Intercontinental Championship)

This could be a good match. The Miz once had a great Pay-Per-View match with Daniel Bryan, but Rey Mysterio is not Daniel Bryan. This match could potentially be a good mid-card match. Maybe not quite at the level you would expect for a SummerSlam match, but not every SummerSlam match is great. Miz needs the win more than Rey.

Winner: The Miz

Daniel Bryan vs. Kane

Daniel Bryan usually has good PPV matches and he can have a good match with anyone. Hopefully this match will get at least ten minutes. Kane should never win another PPV match for the rest of career so I'm picking Daniel Bryan. I'm interested in seeing if Charlie Sheen makes a surprise appearance.

Winner: Daniel Bryan

Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho

This match could be the show stealer. I saw the Jericho vs. Ziggler vs. The Miz match from RAW yesterday and I thought it was probably the best match on RAW this year that didn't have CM Punk or Daniel Bryan. I would love to see Jericho win, but I think Ziggler will win. Jericho doesn't need the win.

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. Prime Time Players (WWE Tag Team Championship)

I think it's time to have new Tag Team Champions so I'm picking Darren Young and Titus O'Neil to win.

Winner: Prime Time Players

Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio (World Heavyweight Championship)

I hope I'm wrong about this match, but I don't think it will be very good. I doubt Del Rio wins because that would mean we would see a third Sheamus-Del Rio match. I would love to see this match end in 18 seconds.

Winner: Sheamus

Bonus Match: Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus

That's right...I'm predicting Ziggler to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase and become the new World Heavyweight Champion.

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Bonus Match: Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes

I expect this match to happen. It should be an enjoyable match. Not really sure who will win, but I'll go with the babyface.

Winner: Sin Cara

Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H

I want Triple H to win this match, but I don't think that's going to happen. I'm not sure that defeating a 42 year old man makes Lesnar look unstoppable, but this is a must-win for Lesnar. I think this is a match that is either going to be very good or very bad.

Winner: Brock Lesnar

Bonus Match: Damien Sandow vs. Brodus Clay

This is another match I expect to happen. Not too long ago, I would have picked Brodus Clay to win, but Damien Sandow will probably win this match. Brodus is not as strong as he used to be.

Winner: Damien Sandow

CM Punk vs. John Cena vs. Big Show (WWE Championship)

This will be the main event match I hope. Unfortunately if it is the main event, it will be the main event because of Cena and not Punk. I think Cena has been in every PPV main event this year except for the Royal Rumble and the only reason he didn't main event that night was because the Royal Rumble match is almost always the main event at that PPV. I'm expecting a great match and I'm rooting for a CM Punk win.

Winner: CM Punk

Some of these matches aren't easy to predict and that should make tonight a fun show. The card isn't full of main event matches, but a lot of these matches could be good. I think I would rather see a SummerSlam with two great matches and four or five good matches than a SummerSlam with three or four great matches and five mediocre matches. I want the whole show to be good, not just the main event matches.

2 comments: