Sunday, April 29, 2012

WWE Extreme Rules Preview


The WWE Extreme Rules Pay Per View is tonight! Extreme Rules will be in Chicago at the Allstate Arena and I will be attending the PPV. There are currently six advertised matches and one pre-show match that can be seen exclusively on YouTube. I will preview each match and give my predictions.

PRE-SHOW: Santino Marella vs. The Miz (United States Championship Match)

This match will be on YouTube before the PPV tonight. It should be a fun match because Chicago loves Santino. In my opinion, this was made for the live audience more than the viewers at home. It's Santino's job to get Chicago excited for Extreme Rules and that's why he will win tonight.

Winner: Santino Marella

Randy Orton vs. Kane (Falls Count Anywhere Match)

This looks like the best non-main event match-up on the PPV card. It might not be a classic, but I'm expecting a very good match. I like Kane and Orton and I think the storyline of this feud has been decent. This would have been a decent main event PPV match if one of them was the World Heavyweight Champ so this is a very strong mid-card match. It should be better than the WrestleMania match they had because this match will be Falls Count Anywhere. They might end up fighting backstage or in the crowd. It should be a fun match.

Winner: Randy Orton

Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show (Intercontinental Championship Match with Stipulation TBA)

I'm looking forward to finding out what the stipulation is for this match. I heard it will be announced during the pre-show via a spin of the wheel so hopefully they will show it on the titantron. My interest in this match depends on the stipulation. I don't like the match-up or the feud. This match needs a really good extreme stipulation for me to enjoy it.

Winner: Big Show

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus (Two Out Of Three Falls Match for the World Heavyweight Championship)

I'm really looking forward to this match. Daniel Bryan gets a great crowd response in Chicago and that was before these Yes Chants started. We were Daniel Bryan fans before everyone else became fans of Daniel Bryan. I expect the crowd to be cheering Daniel Bryan and booing Sheamus. The match should be very good. So far in two Chicago PPVs, Daniel Bryan has won the United States Championship and won the Money in the Bank briefcase. And for what it's worth, Daniel Bryan has never lost at a Chicago PPV and Sheamus has never won at a Chicago PPV. That said, I think Sheamus will win, but I hope the WWE does the right thing and gives the title to Daniel Bryan. Smackdown doesn't have a lot of popular Superstars like RAW so I think it would be dumb to take a guy like Daniel Bryan out of the WHC picture.

Winner: Sheamus

Nikki Bella vs. Beth Phoenix (Divas Championship Match)

There are a lot of rumors about Kharma returning soon. Don't be surprised if the smarky Chicago crowd starts a Kharma chant during this match. I'm not sure that Kharma will return at Extreme Rules. This match almost doesn't make sense if Kharma doesn't show up, but I guess Beth Phoenix needs to get her rematch before Kharma can defeat Nikki Bella. Once Kharma wins the Divas Championship, Beth Phoenix is gonna want a title shot so maybe Beth Phoenix will suffer a more serious injury tonight and be forced to take some time off.

Winner: Nikki Bella

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho (Chicago Street Fight for the WWE Championship)

If fans are expecting the crowd to react to this match like they did to the Cena-Punk match at Money in the Bank, they might be disappointed. The crowd reactions for this match will be good, but Jericho is not John Cena and Punk is not chasing the WWE Championship this time. Unlike Cena, the fans in Chicago like Chris Jericho. It won't be a 50-50 crowd reaction, but there will be a few people cheering Jericho too. This should be a great match. It could be a Match of the Year contender and definitely should end of being one of Punk's greatest WWE matches. I'm interested in finding out what weapons will be used in this match. It should be better than their WrestleMania match. I'm not sure who will win. I want to pick Jericho to win this match, but I'm not sure the WWE will have CM Punk lose in his hometown. He has lost in Chicago many times (he has two losses and one win via disqualification in his Chicago PPV career), but that was before he became one of the biggest names in the company. Punk did lose to Dolph Ziggler on RAW in Chicago last December, but losing a non-title match on RAW is not the same as losing the WWE Championship on PPV.

Winner: CM Punk

Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena (Extreme Rules Match)

This will be the main event and it should be. Chicago fans love CM Punk, but how many times will we get to see Brock vs. Cena? There's a good chance it will be a disappointing match but if it lives up to the hype, it could be one of the greatest matches in WWE history. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Chicago crowd reacts to this match. I'm expecting boos for Cena and cheers for Lesnar.

Winner: Brock Lesnar

I will be in the Allstate Arena during Extreme Rules and I plan on doing some live tweeting. I'll tweet about stuff that is happening before the PPV and stuff that the TV cameras may not be picking up during the PPV. My name on Twitter is @TonyKegger.

2 comments:

  1. Job update: I won't have a job in the transition, so I'll just have to find another. I will give give updates whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete