Thursday, March 8, 2012

WrestleMania 28 Preview- CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

 
For the next few weeks before WrestleMania 28, I will be previewing all of the announced matches for WrestleMania 28. Instead of writing about each match (I'll do that in my official preview column on WrestleMania weekend), I am going to post videos of WWE matches that will hopefully help you know what to expect on April 1, 2012. My first preview will be the CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho match.

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho sounds like a dream match, but this match has happened before many times. I don't think these two superstars have ever faced each other in a singles match on a Pay-Per-View, but this won't be the first time the face World Champion CM Punk had a match against the heel Chris Jericho. It happened once in Chicago on RAW on August 18, 2008 when World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk faced Chris Jericho in a non-title match.

12 comments:

  1. How much time do you think it'll get? I'd say 20-25 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it gets 20 minutes. According to past WrestleMania history, it will get around 15 minutes. I expect the HHH-Taker and Rock-Cena matches to both get at least 25 minutes.

      Delete
  2. I was thinking that, but remembered they are having fewer matches this year...that we know of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will probably be eight matches just like last year. Three 20+ WrestleMania matches would probably be a first. I don't think there has ever been a WrestleMania match with two 25+ matches so I don't think Punk-Jericho reaches 20 minutes. Unfortunately, Punk's match is only the third most important match. If this was WM27, it would have been the main event.

      Delete
    2. Wrestlemania 19 had 3 20 minute matches, 1 19 minute match and one 18 minute match. And that was on a 9 match card, so it can be done and given the time they have given Jericho in the past and that they need a big match for Punk I think they will get just shy of 20 minutes. Especially considering how the other scheduled matches outside the top 4 don't need that long.

      Delete
    3. 20 minutes will be the most they get.

      Delete
  3. Let's count the matches.

    Taker/HHH
    Cena/Rock
    DB/Sheamus
    Punk/Jericho
    Big Show/Cody
    Team Teddy/Team John L. (?)
    Divas match (?)
    Who else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judging by what happened on SD, Kane and Orton might be in the team vs team match. But you may be right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. damn...that was quick. I don't think Kane and Orton will be members of Team Teddy and Team Douchebag. It's bad enough that this will be Orton's third straight WrestleMania without a world title match...I don't think he will be wrestling in a tag match. That's a big demotion for Orton. He deserves better.

      Delete
  5. Well, I had just got on. Odd timing. Orton might still be recovering from his back injury and they just want him in lower profile matches for a bit. You never know.

    That might've been what I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Orton is still not 100%, you might be right.

      Delete