Saturday, February 18, 2012

WWE Elimination Chamber Predictions


The Elimination Chamber Pay-Per-View is this Sunday in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I will predict the winners for the four advertised matches in this preview. I'm sure there will be a few more matches added to the card, but I'm not going to guess what the bonus matches will be.


Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Wade Barrett vs. The Great Khali vs. Santino (Smackdown Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship)

Before Randy Orton got injured, I was planning to predict Orton as the winner of this match. Orton hasn't been in a World Championship match at WrestleMania since 2009 and I thought he deserved to go into WrestleMania 28 as the champion more than Daniel Bryan. Orton is officially out of this match and I don't expect Orton to be a late addition to the match. I think the advertised six men will be the six men who compete in the match this Sunday. The Great Khali and Santino will not win this match. Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett are approaching the main event level, but if they ever win a World Championship in the WWE, it won't happen this close to WrestleMania. That leaves Big Show and Daniel Bryan. I thought about picking the Big Show, but then I remembered that he's rumored to face Shaq at WrestleMania so Big Show is out. That means Daniel Bryan will probably win. I don't know how Daniel Bryan is going to survive five other men in the Elimination Chamber, but I can't see anyone else winning. Maybe Daniel Bryan will be the last one to enter which would give him a big advantage in this match.

Winner: Daniel Bryan


Beth Phoenix vs. Tamina Snuka (Divas Championship)

I'm sure this will be the best Divas match of 2012 so far. That's not really a prediction...it's a fact. I don't know what currently is the best Divas match of 2012. Tamina and Beth might be able to have a decent match if they get five minutes. It should be somewhat competitive, but I think Beth Phoenix will win. Kharma should be back for WrestleMania 28 and she should face Beth for the title. I wouldn't be surprised if Kharma makes an appearance at the PPV. If there is a Beth vs. Kharma WrestleMania match, it would probably be the most anticipated Divas match in the last several years. The last great Divas match at WrestleMania was probably Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus at WrestleMania 22 (in Chicago!). That was six years ago.

Winner: Beth Phoenix


John Cena vs. Kane (Ambulance Match)

I was having a hard time picking a winner for this match, but then I realized that this is the last Kane vs. Cena match because Cena will face The Rock at WrestleMania. I don't see Cena losing going into WrestleMania because this feud would have to continue if Kane wins. Cena's attention will be 100% focused on The Rock starting next week so Cena will win.

Winner: John Cena


CM Punk vs. The Miz vs. R-Truth vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Chris Jericho (RAW Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Championship)

This is easily the most difficult match to predict. Like the Smackdown Elimination Chamber Match, I will narrow the field by saying who won't win. Kofi Kingston and R-Truth will not win this match. The Miz, despite walking into WrestleMania 27 as WWE Champion last year, probably is the least likely to win this match. I think The Miz might be the first person eliminated. Dolph Ziggler deserves to be the WWE Champion but the timing is bad. I can't see Ziggler being in a main event World Championship match at WrestleMania 28 especially if he's walking in as the WWE Champion so I don't think Ziggler will win. That leaves CM Punk and Chris Jericho. In my opinion, it's almost a coin flip. It's obvious that CM Punk and Jericho will face each other at WrestleMania so one of these two men will walk into WrestleMania as the WWE Champion. I'm picking Chris Jericho only because I don't think the WWE wants both champions to retain their championships in a match that is supposed to make it almost impossible for the champion to retain his title.

Winner and NEW WWE Champion: Chris Jericho

Predictions:
  • Daniel Bryan will retain his World Heavyweight Championship
  • Beth Phoenix will retain her Divas Title, but her celebration might get interrupted by Kharma
  • John Cena will embrace the hate and defeat Kane
  • Chris Jericho will prove he is the best in the world at what he does and leave as the WWE Champion

7 comments:

  1. Kofi looks constipated in that pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little bit. It would be funny if these photos were actually taken with everyone standing next to each other.

      After the RAW debate-

      WWE Producer: Okay...time for the group photo! Chris you stand next to Kofi.

      Chris: Wait...this guy just kicked me in the face and now you want me to stand next to him?

      Kofi: Do we have to do the photo now? I need a bathroom break.

      Miz: Really? Please tell me I'm not standing near him.

      WWE Producer: You're not...you are standing by R-Truth.

      R-Truth: Can I stand next to Little Jimmy?

      WWE Producer: Sure you stand next to Miz and Little Jimmy can stand to your left. (Little Jimmy got cropped out of the photo)

      Delete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    They should do scenes like that for youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got only one match wrong...sorry CM Punk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christian looked like an old sea captain last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Punk vs. Bryan II tonight only two hours from where I live. If it was just a little bit closer, I might have considered going.

      Delete