Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm going to change my blog name again

I have decided to change the name of this blog again. I don't really like the name "Wrestling Pipe Bombs". Too controversial and unless you are a hardcore wrestling fan, most people probably don't understand why "pipe bombs" is a wrestling term. My new blog name will be Pro Wrestling Smackdown and the name change will probably happen on March 1st. Why Pro Wrestling Smackdown? First, this is a pro wrestling blog and "pro wrestling" is better than just "wrestling" because I'm not a "wrestling" fan. I'm a fan of "pro wrestling" which is sports-entertainment. As for Smackdown, most people think of Friday Night Smackdown, but before the TV show, "Smackdown" was a word The Rock would say a lot and The Rock made it so popular that it might be the only wrestling term in the Merriam Webster Dictionary. So, I like that name a lot better. Also, maybe it will improve my stats because page views at this blog have SUCKED since I changed my name to Wrestling Pipe Bombs. So on Wednesday February 29, 2012, say goodbye to Wrestling Pipe Bombs because when Wednesday bleeds into Thursday and the 29th becomes the 1st, this blog will be known as Pro Wrestling Smackdown.

www.prowrestlingsmackdown.blogspot.com...save the link

6 comments:

  1. Intewesting idea dude... I was never a big fan of the 'pipebomb' idea anyways, ahaha. I like this one better. Good luck keg bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting Tony, look forward to your new site.

    I actually loved the PipeBombs name, but I don't really mind what name a site is, it's the content you like but even so, a name is very important for a site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just trying to shake things up a bit to maybe improve views. I didn't think my name mattered much but views have gone down a lot since the name change. I don't think that's because of people not finding my new blog address because I put a link for it at my old blog address.

      I want to put this blog in the best position to succeed and I think having a name like Pro Wrestling Smackdown will help. But I don't want to worry too much about the name...it's just a name. It's the content that is going to be the biggest reason for my success or lack of success.

      Delete
    2. They've gone down because if you can't piggy back off JCITY, who never updates anymore, then you're nothing.

      Delete
    3. Nah...I don't think that's it. Views went down immediately after the name change. It's the name but that doesn't mean anything will improve once I change the name.

      Delete