Sunday, November 20, 2011

WWE Survivor Series Preview


WWE Survivor Series is in New York City tonight. It should be a great show. I think the NYC crowd is a little bit overrated but I am curious to see how they react to the Pay-Per-View.


Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. John Morrison for the United States Championship

Some people think it is odd that John Morrison will face Ziggler instead of Zack Ryder. I disagree. John Morrison has a much better track record than Zack Ryder. He deserves to be in this match more than Zack Ryder. I know Zack Ryder is popular now and New York City is like an honorary hometown for Ryder (he's from Long Island, NY) but Survivor Series is a very important PPV. Ryder still needs to prove he is worthy to on a card for a major PPV event. Survivor Series matches shouldn't be given to anybody. If Daniel Bryan isn't going to be in a match, then Zack Ryder definitely shouldn't be in a match. John Morrison is a great opponent for Ziggler and this should be an exciting match. For the record, if Ryder does get added to this match or replaces Morrison, I would expect Ziggler to win.

Winner: Dolph Ziggler


Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Eve for the Divas Championship

I don't really care about this match. That's not just because I don't like divas matches but there hasn't been much of a storyline for this match. Why should I care about this match? Why does it matter who wins? I don't think Eve will win this match and I wouldn't be shocked if this is a squash match.

Winner: Beth Phoenix


Team Orton vs. Team Barrett (5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Match)

It's good to see the WWE is continuing their tradition of having a Survivor Series match. There is no huge award for the survivors but this kind of match can really help a young superstar's career. This is a good opportunity for superstars like Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Hunico, Jack Swagger, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Mason Ryan, Sin Cara, and Kofi Kingston. This match is very important for everyone other than Randy Orton who is already a future WWE Legend. The heels usually do good in these matches. I'm hoping Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett are among the survivors because a Survivor Series win should help their careers.

Winners: Team Barrett


Mark Henry (c) vs. Big Show for the World Heavyweight Championship

They had a decent match last month but I think three Big Show vs. Mark Henry matches in one year is too much. I really hope Mark Henry wins because I want Mark to hold the World Heavyweight Championship for the rest of 2011 and I would hate to see his long win streak end to the Big Show. I am a little bit nervous because of Daniel Bryan's involvement in this feud. I don't want to see him cash in after the match or help the Big Show win.

Winner: Mark Henry


The Rock and John Cena vs. The Miz and R-Truth

This is The Rock's long awaited return to the ring but I think fans will be a little bit disappointed. I think most of this match will be John Cena vs. Awesome Truth. I think John Cena will start the match. During the match, Miz and R-Truth will do a good job keeping The Rock out of the match. Miz will mock The Rock and then The Rock will enter the ring to try to attack The Miz. The ref will stop The Rock and that will lead to Awesome Truth double-teaming Cena. At some point, Cena will finally get a chance to tag in The Rock but R-Truth will distract the ref and the ref will not see the tag. Eventually, The Rock will enter the match and he will get the win after about one minute in the ring. I don't expect The Rock to take any bumps. Of course, I could be wrong about all of that but I think we won't see much of The Rock and it will be a giant teaser for Cena and Rock's WrestleMania match. I expect Cena will be the legal man for the majority of the match.

Winners: The Rock and John Cena


Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. CM Punk for the WWE Championship

This should be a good match. I expect CM Punk to become the WWE Champion before the end of 2011. He will either win the championship tonight or at the TLC PPV. I think the WWE will want CM Punk to have a "Madison Square Garden" moment. I expect Punk to beat Del Rio at Survivor Series and then win the rematch at TLC.

Winner: CM Punk

I will end this preview with a fun fact. The WWE has four major PPVs which are the Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series. This is the first major PPV since SummerSlam 2008 and the first Survivor Series since 2006 in which neither John Cena or Randy Orton were in a World Championship match.

11 comments:

  1. Ziggler vs. Morrison: I'm thinking Ziggler, but wouldn't be shocked to see Morrison pull this one out.

    Beth vs. Eve: I see Beth, but Eve putting up a good fight...to boos from the smark crowd.

    T.O vs. T.B.: It could really go anywhere. There are so many winners, it'll be interesting. Mason Ryan will get crapped on, because the smarks have already judged him as bad. He could pull off a moonsault(I'm sure he can't.) and the crowd would no-sell it.

    Henry vs. Show: Probably Henry, but it wouldn't shock me to see Show come out with the belt. Perhaps a DQ leading to a match at TLC?

    Awesome Truth vs. The Great Champs: So many places this could go! I can't pick. I do think if Rock or Cena turn on the other, it might during the match and it could end up as a 3 on 1 beatdown.

    Punk vs. Del Rio: Could go either way. WWE might want Del Rio to have the belt a little bit longer to help cement him as a top guy, but Punk is supposed to be getting a big push through 2012 and this could be the start of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cody and Wade were the survivors. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. I heard about Sin Cara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sin Cara Smark City Curse. First Chicago (Money in the Bank) and now New York.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously though...I hope Sin Cara gets well soon. It's too bad that I won't be seeing him in Chicago...he's fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unless, they make him an announcer. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard a pretty funny idea earlier. Have Rock show up for the match via satellite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rock started the match tonight...I didn't expect that.

    ReplyDelete