Friday, October 21, 2011

The Keg Stand: Mick Foley Will Return to the WWE in 2011


Last week, the first ever "Keg Stand" covered five topics. I plan on doing that every week but not this week. I could not think of five good topics to discuss. The only topic I could think of was the WWE having RAW in Mexico for the first time. I wasn't sure what I would do for this week's "The Keg Stand". Then this afternoon during lunch, I was looking at WWE news on the internet and I saw something very interesting...



BANG BANG! Mick Foley is back in the WWE!

According to Boston's TD Garden website:

FINALLY THE ROCK COMES BACK TO BOSTON!

A SPECIAL THREE HOUR EDITION OF WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW SUPERSHOW AT TD GARDEN.
NEW START TIME OF 7:15 PM.

What will happen when seven time WWE Champion, "the most electrifying man in all of entertainment" The Rock and 10 time WWE Champion John Cena meet in Cena's hometown?



John Cena, Randy Orton and CM Punk vs. The Miz, R-Truth and Mark Henry in a 6 man tag team match. Also, a special appearance by Mick Foley!
Here is Mick Foley's response via his Twitter account:

Foley has not officially confirmed that he will be returning to the WWE when RAW visits Boston on November 14 but that's fine because the WWE has officially added Mick Foley to the list of Superstars scheduled to appear at the RAW Supershow in Boston on their WWE Live Tour website:


This is great news. I was confident that Mick Foley would be returning to the WWE at some point this year but I'm glad to see it is official now. Mick Foley is my #2 favorite WWE Superstar of all-time (#1 is The Rock). I have met Foley twice. The last time I saw him was in October 2010 when I bought a copy of his most recent book "Countdown to Lockdown" and Foley signed it:


Lords of Pain reported this morning that Mick Foley is also appearing at the RAW and Smackdown after Survivor Series. That would be the week after the Boston RAW and as I write this, the WWE has not confirmed Foley will be appearing on RAW and Smackdown after Survivor Series. I am not sure what Mick Foley's long-term future in the WWE will be but I am interested in seeing Mick Foley in the WWE again. The last time I saw Mick Foley on WWE TV was when Edge put him through a table at the end of Smackdown on August 1, 2008.

I'll end this post with some videos and picture of the legendary Mick Foley, also known as Mankind, Cactus Jack, and Dude Love.


























There were two videos I wanted to post but YouTube wouldn't let me embed them inside this post. However, they were too good to leave out so I will provide the links so they can be watched on YouTube. The first is highlights of Mick Foley's TNA match with Ric Flair which I thought was a great match. The other video is a great promo Mick Foley did when he was still in WCW and during the promo, Foley spits on a WCW belt.

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair Last Man Standing TNA highlights

Cactus Jack spits on WCW belt promo

11 comments:

  1. So jazzed for Foley!

    Tony, I had an idea. It's your blog. Do whatever you want. "thekegstand" would be a good name for the blog itself. It rolls off the tongue better than "howiwouldbookit". And it has a nice ring to it. Just an idea. Do your own thing. Don't hit me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about changing the blog name but "The Keg Stand" will remain as just a column title. But yeah I do want to change the name of this site to something more general. Any suggestions? I don't want a title that uses my name in any way because I may want to add writers someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "genericwrestlingblog"
    "captainsmoothistheman" lol
    "chicagowrestlingfan"
    "sunshineandpuppies"
    "itsscriptednotfake"
    "proudwrestlingfan"
    "cenasbiggestfan" lol
    and "bookingmyway"

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the feedback but I don't think any of those will work. But your "itsscriptednotfake" name just made me think of "itsstillrealtome" but that doesn't look good when I type it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on! "cenasbiggestfan" is so you!

    "windycitymark"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, that must take some effort!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Capt. Smooth

    Windy City Mark sounds interesting but I don't want it to be about me.

    @ Ray The Rambler

    It took some effort but I enjoyed working on this post. It was not as hard as you might imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Tony: Your answer to Ray didn't sound right. lol

    Sounds like a personal problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol...should I have wrote "difficult" instead of "hard"?

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least you didn't say "bloody" in there somewhere. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol...I don't know why I would say that though.

    ReplyDelete