Sunday, September 25, 2011

John Cena Is A Robot by Chadam

[Editor's Note: This is my first ever guest column. This was written by Chadam and I'm assuming he is the same Chadam who leaves comments at THE INFAMOUS JCITY. Chadam sent me an email with this column and I decided to use it.]

John Cena is a robot. I know, I know, some of you are thinking that this sounds like a fantasy story merged with a wrestling role-play game. But hear me out, I actually have some evidence to back me up. If anyone has the money to invest in robot wrestler technology, it’s Vince McMahon.

1. His Appearance: John Cena is built exactly as a Vince McMahon dream of a superstar: large chiseled muscles, good guy American looks, and nice clean hair-cut. I know that we have seen others with bits and pieces of Vince’s ideal image, but never before have we seen someone who fit this role as perfectly as John Cena does. His character is designed to have no discernible traits other than bright clothing. This allows the WWE marketing machine to just slap a new color on him and sell millions of new T-shirts every few months.

2. His Move Set: As we all know, Cena has a very limited move set consisting of his “five moves of doom” and possibly 2 or 3 more that he uses on occasion. Without the need for a varied offense, it allows Cena to be cheaper to program. This fits in with the idea that his “memory” is only able to hold so much information at any given time. And that brings us to number 3…

3. His Limited Promo Skills: Coming off of the idea of memory, we come to his promo skills. As some of you may have noticed, Cena seems to be on repeat when he speaks. Everything that is said is recycled in stages. Chasing the title, reprogrammed; wins the title, reprogrammed; loses the title, reprogrammed and repeat. Don’t believe it? Just go check out any of his promos. They are interchangeable.

4. Lack of Meaningful Injury: Anyone remember Cena’s triumphant return at the 2008 Royal Rumble? He was sidelined with an “injury” that was supposed to sideline him for twice the amount of time he was actually gone. Other than that one injury, can we think of any other legit injury? The only other that comes to mind is the worked angle he did where Brock Lesnar “broke” his leg.

5. His Original Gimmick: When Cena in developmental his name was “The Prototype”. For those that don’t know, prototype means “A first or preliminary model of something, esp. a machine, from which other forms are developed or copied.” The gimmick he carried at that point was…you guessed it, a freaking robot.

These are my thoughts on John Cena. This article is meant entirely as a joke, although it’s funny how all of this ties together. Let me know what you think about the possibility of Cena as a robot wrestler.

7 comments:

  1. This was really good. I read columns the same way I watch wrestling matches. When I watch wrestling matches, I'm not focusing on the execution of each match and looking for botches...I just want to be entertained no matter how short or long the match is. It's the same when I'm reading stuff. I'm don't really care about paragraph structure or how it flows or how it is written...I just care if the column is enjoyable and interesting. This column was enjoyable and interesting. It was maybe a little bit short but that's not a bad thing because some people don't want to read something that is 2,500 words just like sometimes I'd rather watch a 12 minute match than a 30 minute epic match.

    A lot of the stuff you wrote about Cena are interesting even if you just meant it as a joke. This was good stuff. I liked it.

    As for the "lack of meaningful injury" part, I thought Batista legitimately broke Cena's neck at SummerSlam 2008. Or maybe he didn't...I wasn't really checking Wrestling online dirtsheets at the time so it could have been just a storyline but I thought that it was said that Cena's broken neck injury was real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shocked! Most Cena stories I read are way too snarky, but this one light-hearted and funny. Great job! Wait a minute...Could this mean Cena is...a new Terminator?!?!? DUN! DUN! DUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, this is my first attempt at writing an article. Tony, I'm not too sure about that injury with batista, I looked around and cant find anything definitive on it. Capt., I decided to write a Cena article like this because even though i can't stand the current character, I'm not going to let it ruin my enjoyment of something I've been watching my entire life. It kinda forces you to put a humorous or positive spin on things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Chadam: Terrific outlook on wrestling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He does act pretty robotic on Twitter. He needs to have some online personality programed into him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect...now I'm going keep looking for a on and off button to see if he really is a robot
    --Daris

    ReplyDelete