Wednesday, June 8, 2011

RAW Comments (06/06/2011)

Usually after I watch WWE Monday Night RAW, there are a lot of stuff I want to comment about. Rather than make a RAW Review column or write individual articles related to each comment I have, I decided to start a new column. I'm just gonna briefly discuss each of my comments about RAW one after another. The style will be similar to the style Jim Ross used for The Ross Report. I can't guarantee I'll write a new one every week....I'll write one right now and decide later if I want to continue doing this. So let's begin.

I wasn't happy to see that Big Andy won Tough Enough. I'm not saying Luke would have been very successful as a WWE Superstar but I don't like what I have seen from Andy. He does NOT have a great personality and even if he does, it is not better than the Big Show so what does he bring that we aren't seeing right now? I will agree that Luke's cocky heel personality is similar to many current WWE Superstars but at least Luke looked like a solid in-ring worker. Andy looked better in the ring during the last few weeks of Tough Enough but early in the season, he was making many mistakes in the skills challenges. When he nearly injured Luke after throwing him out of the ring, I thought Andy was gonna be eliminated. Maybe Andy will get better with training but I also worry that he won't be able to stay away from his family nearly all of the time. Andy got emotional on the show when he talked about his family and I can see him leaving for TNA at some point. TNA has their shows in Orlando, Florida and Andy's family lives in South Florida so TNA seems like something that might interest Andy. I just don't see Andy's WWE career going well at all. I would love to see Andy prove me wrong.

R-Truth had another good week. He is becoming the reason I make sure not to miss RAW. In fact, I watched the opening segment of RAW that had R-Truth live and the rest of the show I watched on my DVR. I'm not sure if his feud with John Cena will continue after Capitol Punishment because the next Pay Per View is in Chicago. For what it's worth, I'm not sure if R-Truth has ever appeared at a WWE Event in Chicago. I've been to the last two RAWs and PPVs that were in Chicago and R-Truth was not at any of those shows. Is there a reason why R-Truth won't show up in Chicago? Just something I wanted to mention.

It was nice to see Stone Cold and Mr. McMahon in the ring at the same time. Also, it seemed like Stone Cold said "Sumbitch" 20 times. It didn't quite feel like the Attitude Era again even though they had three former Attitude Era stars in the ring at one point (yes R-Truth is from the Attitude Era...see K-Kwik) but it was still nice to see.

I thought CM Punk had a nice promo this week. I really hope he doesn't leave the WWE and if he does, Chris Jericho better come back!

Alberto Del Rio continued his feud with the Big Show but Big Show was a no-show (pun not intended) once again. With only one RAW left before Capitol Punishment, it doesn't seem like Big Show will be returning before the PPV which means we will likely see Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio at the Money in the Bank PPV. I'm going to that PPV so it's nice to get an early tease for one of the matches I'll be seeing but I'm not sure if this is gonna be a match I'll be looking forward to. Big Show doesn't have a good track record in Chicago. His last two PPV matches in Chicago were arguably the worst of the night. He had the most boring match I have ever seen at Judgment Day 2009 against John Cena and his Night of Champions match with CM Punk last year might have been decent if it got more than five minutes. Hopefully they can make the feud interesting...they are gonna get a lot of time to develop it. By the way, RAW needs more backstage moments. The only reason I like this Show-Del Rio feud is because I enjoyed that backstage car incident a couple weeks ago. Usually when RAW does something backstage or out of the arena and it involves a car, the end result is entertaining.

Zack Ryder had a match on RAW this week. I know many people were happy to see Ryder get a match but that's the wrong direction for him. It's never a bad thing to get a match on RAW but that's not gonna help him much. I see him as a good comedic character. With Goldust gone and with Santino getting less time on the mic for some reason, this is the best time for Ryder to get some backstage segments with him talking. I loved his brief interaction with Edge last year.  If they give him more mic time, it would help his career a lot.

I'm glad Booker T had a match this week. It was a really short match but I love seeing WWE Legends returning to the WWE. I know Booker T is a Smackdown announcer but he belongs in the ring! The WWE has been bringing back many people recently.....Bret Hart, Jim Ross, Stone Cold, The Rock, and even Grandmaster Sexay!  Keep it coming! I hope Mick Foley is next!

Another weak ending to RAW this week. For awhile, the only things worth seeing on RAW were the beginning segment and the main event and now only the beginning segments are worth watching. I remember as a kid being disappointed that I had to miss most of the RAW main events during the Attitude Era because my bedtime was like 30 minutes before the end of RAW. If I was a kid now, I wouldn't be so disappointed. Having Stone Cold as the guest referee was the only thing that made me somewhat interested. RAW needs to step it up big time.


This was kinda fun and this week's RAW wasn't even that interesting. I will definitely try to do another one in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this. If I ever skip a RAW review and you have one of these up I wont mind posting it if you dont mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it. You got my permission to post whatever you see on here.

    ReplyDelete