Saturday, June 18, 2011

How I Would Book It- Capitol Punishment

I took this picture when I visited Washington DC earlier this month
"How I Would Book It" is back and I'm previewing tomorrow night's WWE Capitol Punishment Pay Per View. There are seven matches on the card as of right now but I will be only previewing the matches I'm actually interested in. This is how I would book Capitol Punishment.

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio

These two superstars always have a solid match together so this should be a great PPV match.

How I would book it: I would have CM Punk win. It doesn't have to be clean. Punk could win thanks to a distraction by Nexus but CM Punk has to win. He beat John Cena last Monday and a win at Capitol Punishment would give him momentum towards a possible WWE Championship shot at the Money in the Bank PPV.

Alex Riley vs. The Miz

I didn't expect Alex Riley to get a PPV match this soon. He does deserve it however. With Kaval gone, Riley is the most impressive WWE Superstar from NXT Season 2. I'm not sure what to expect from Riley because he hasn't had many matches since NXT so that is something that is making this match interesting. I think this match could be one of the best matches of the night.

How I would book it: I would have The Miz win but I'd have Riley dominate for a large portion of the match. The Miz should win cleanly but they should make it look like Riley came very close to winning the match.

Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio

This match could end up being the worst match of the night but I think it's a great challenge for Alberto Del Rio. I don't think Del Rio has ever had a match in the WWE with someone as big as the Big Show. If Del Rio can have a good match with the Big Show, he can have a good match with anyone (except maybe Mark Henry and The Great Khali).

How I would book it: I would have Del Rio win and he needs to win cleanly. Also, this can't be a match where Big Show is dominating the whole match and Del Rio somehow finds a way to win at the end. It can look evenly contested but the match would need to be done in a way where the fans know the better man won. If Del Rio doesn't look good against the Big Show, how can the WWE convince the fans he is a worthy opponent for John Cena if he does face Cena sometime this year?

Christian vs. Randy Orton (c) for the World Heavyweight Championship

Randy Orton passed his concussion test so this match will happen tomorrow night. There's not much to say about this match. These two have had great matches so far and this match should be good as well. The only thing that might hurt this match is that Christian is a heel now and heels are usually afraid to fight. Hopefully, Christian's match style doesn't change just because he is a heel now.

How I would book it: There doesn't seem to be a great Smackdown opponent for Randy Orton's title other than Christian at the moment so I would continue this feud by having Christian win. The WWE can take advantage of Orton's concussion storyline. I would have the concussion bother Orton during the match and have Christian win the match because of Orton's concussion. With Christian as the champ again, they can continue the feud for another month.

John Cena (c) vs. R-Truth for the WWE Championship

This is the best storyline in the WWE right now. I'm not sure if it will translate into a great match but kudos to the WWE for making R-Truth look like a worthy opponent for John Cena.

How I would book it: R-Truth has been talking about conspiracies for the last month on RAW so I'd book a controversial win for Cena. I would have Cena hit R-Truth with the Attitude Adjustment and while Cena is pinning him, R-Truth's foot is under the rope but the referee counts to three anyway. WWE rules say that if an opponent's foot is on the ropes or under the ropes, the pin attempt on the opponent is broken automatically. I would have the announcers say during the replays, "Look R-Truth's foot was under the rope. John Cena caught a huge break. The referee must have missed it." Then R-Truth can go on RAW the next night and say, "Did you see that? My foot was under the rope! I told you there was a conspiracy! The WWE does not want me to be the WWE Champion." After that, the WWE can either schedule a rematch for that night or schedule the rematch for the next PPV.

I took this picture too. This is where Capitol Punishment will take place. Not only is it located in downtown DC, it is just half a mile from Ford's Theatre where President Abraham Lincoln was shot and killed. It is also only 1.4 miles away from the White House.

That's all of the matches I'm gonna preview. I don't care about the other two matches. This should be an interesting PPV and that's how I would book Capitol Punishment.

9 comments:

  1. That makes sense for the finish of Truth/Cena. I just don't know if I want to see him in the main event becuase he isn't that good of a wrestler.

    Once John Morrison comes back they can feud, then Cena can feud with Punk again...who basically has a lazy non-existent feud with Mysterio based on the old stuff they did on Smackdown. It's rehashing old stuff, both Rey and Punk need new things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the John Morrison-Truth match will happen at Summerslam. If Morrison is ready for the Money in the Bank, i think he should be in the RAW MitB match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! did you see how fat John Canton was in his picture with Kurt angle??

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol that's random.

    I've never even seen a pic of him other than his face photoshopped on the McTaker wedding pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. never saw that picture. I do have a picture of me with Mick Foley:

    http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g471/tonyk33/MickFoley2.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://yfrog.com/h7cvptrj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy shit, Mick Foley isn't wearing a flannel shirt? Lol, speaking of people who always wear the same shirt I just noticed that Canton wears the same shirt in every pic I have ever seen him in. No hate, just observations.

    ReplyDelete