Sunday, July 14, 2013

WWE Money in the Bank 2013 Preview


It's PPV Sunday again! Tonight is the WWE Money in the Bank Pay-Per-View from Philly. I will preview all of the matches on the card and pre-show.

Pre-show - WWE Tag Team Championship Match: The Shield vs. The Usos

I still think the Usos will someday will win the Tag Team Championship, but I don't think it will happen tonight during a YouTube pre-show.

Winners: The Shield

Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a World Heavyweight Championship Contract: Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Fandango vs. Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro

This is an extremely difficult match to predict. First, I will eliminate some guys. Swagger had a championship run and he failed and that was before he got a DUI. Swags won't win and neither will his partner Antonio Cesaro. Cody Rhodes is ready, but he hasn't been pushed at all lately so a win would be shocking. I'm going to eliminate his buddy Damien Sandow too. Fandango has been pushed, but I really don't think he is going to be pushed to a World Championship this early. I don't think Fandango is ready yet. So it's between Wade Barrett and Dean Ambrose. Barrett is the safe pick. As early as 2010, I thought he was ready to become a World Champion. I picked him to win the 2011 Smackdown Money in the Bank match. And he recently dropped the Intercontinental Championship which may mean he did that so he could win a bigger championship. The problem is that I don't think Barrett would be a good World Champion. I thought he was a terrible I-C Champion and I think he'd be a worse World Heavyweight Champion. So I say Barrett has been eliminated. That leaves Dean Ambrose. The way The Shield has been booked, I can't imagine WWE putting one of The Shield guys in a position to fail. If WWE didn't want Ambrose to win the briefcase, he wouldn't be in this match. He's in it to win it I think. I usually wouldn't pick Ambrose to win, but WWE has a track record of picking guys like him. CM Punk was a huge underdog in the WrestleMania 24 Money in the Bank match. Daniel Bryan was a huge underdog at Money in the Bank 2011. When WWE sees guys that they want to put a World Championship on, they do it sooner than later. Ambrose will be a World Champion. I thought it would be in 2 or 3 years, but by putting Ambrose in this match, WWE has made it clear that Ambrose will be champion in less than 1 year. The only thing I'm worried about is that Ambrose is currently the United States Champion. There has never been a guy who has carried both the briefcase and the United States Championship...oh wait...there was! His name is The Miz. So really I have no worries. I am confident that Dean Ambrose will win this match.

Winner: Dean Ambrose

WWE Divas Championship Match: AJ Lee (c) vs. Kaitlyn 

AJ has been a great Divas Champion. I think she should hold that title for a long, long time until WWE finds someone more worthy of carrying that championship.

Winner: AJ Lee

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match: Curtis Axel (c) vs. The Miz

This match is just so Miz gets his rematch. Axel will retain and I am expecting this match to be the worst of the night. For what it's worth, I said the same about the Axel-Barrett-Miz match at Payback and that match was better than I expected. 

Winner: Curtis Axel

Ryback vs. Chris Jericho

I'm not excited about this match. It's really predictable. Jericho could win, but Ryback needs the win and Jericho doesn't. I'm rooting for Ryback to lose because it would be a swerve and I think WWE could do a storyline about Ryback's big losing streak that might be interesting. 

Winner: Ryback

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

So many people are picking Del Rio and I'm starting to second guess myself. My thought was always that Del Rio only got the title so Ziggler could turn face and now Ziggler will win the title back and the Last Chance Match will happen at SummerSlam. I'm not really confident that it will happen, but I just can't imagine Ziggler getting a crappy title reign and then not winning the title back so I'm picking Ziggler.

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

WWE Championship Match: John Cena (c) vs. Mark Henry

Mark Henry has done a good job looking like a serious threat to Cena's WWE Championship, but I don't think he'll win. For what's it's worth, I thought there was no way Henry would win the World Heavyweight Championship from Randy Orton at Night of Champions 2011 and that's what he did so I could be wrong. I really do hope Cena wins because I'd rather see Cena defend the title at SummerSlam than Mark Henry. This match could be good, but I'm not expecting an epic match. It will probably like most Cena vs. Big Man matches....Cena gets killed for 95% of the match and then hits the AA out of nowhere.

Winner: John Cena

Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a WWE Championship Contract: CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Christian vs. TBA(?) vs. Rob Van Dam

I hope this is the main event and I also hope Kane gets replaced by someone interesting and not Big Show or The Great Khali. I'm so excited about this match. It could be a Match of the Year contender. I feel like I have written a lot so far so I'll make this quick. I think Daniel Bryan wins and then we get Cena vs. Bryan at SummerSlam. If Bryan doesn't win, I guess RVD could win. RVD winning would be an awesome way to end the show. And I'm predicting Brock Lesnar makes an appearance (and Paul Heyman too). Lesnar might even be Kane's replacement, but I doubt it. Who replaces Kane? John Morrison would be cool or maybe Batista.

Winner: Daniel Bryan

I think this card will have a lot of disappointing matches. They will be okay, but not as great as they could have been. The Money in the Bank Ladder Matches will be good like usual, but with the disappointing singles matches, this PPV will not be the best of the year. My prediction is that SummerSlam will be the best. Something to expect at this PPV is a great crowd. RVD will bring in the hardcore ECW Philly fans into the arena. It should be a fun atmosphere and that All-Stars Ladder Match is gonna steal the show for sure. I can't wait for the return of RVD!

3 comments:

  1. Love that MITB poster!

    Morrison or Batista coming back? Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not a rumor...just me being hopeful.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I know. I do agree.

      Delete