Sunday, May 19, 2013

WWE Extreme Rules 2013 Preview


It's Pay-Per-View Sunday and tonight is WWE Extreme Rules in St. Louis. In this preview, I will discuss all of the PPV matches (not including pre-show or unadvertised matches). Matches in order of when I predict them to happen.

Extreme Rules Match: Randy Orton vs. Big Show

Last year's Extreme Rules started with a Randy Orton match so I wouldn't be surprised if Orton gets the opener in his hometown. Many difficult matches to predict and this is one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if Orton loses. It doesn't matter it's his hometown...the hometown stars have a 50-50 chance of winning usually. I have seen CM Punk lose twice in Chicago on PPV and I have also seen him win twice in Chicago on PPV. I think if Big Show were to win, this feud might continue and this doesn't seem like a multiple match PPV feud. It's possible they created this feud just so Orton could have a singles match in St. Louis because Big Show costing Orton a win at WrestleMania isn't really that important of a storyline. Is Orton that upset he lost a six-man tag match that will be forgotten in ten years? I am going to predict that Orton ends the feud tonight with a win.

Winner: Randy Orton

Best Rating (how good I think it could be): ***3/4
Worst Rating (how bad I think it could be): **

Fandango vs. Chris Jericho

This is another match I think is difficult to predict. Jericho put Fandango over at WrestleMania, so it shouldn't surprise me if Fandango wins again at Extreme Rules. Fandango had an upset win at WrestleMania and it might be hard to do that again. Jericho has lost a lot of PPVs matches since his return in 2012 so I think he has earned a PPV win. Then he can tell his grandchildren the story of when he defeated the great Fandango.

Winner: Chris Jericho

Best Rating: ***1/2
Worst Rating: *1/2

WWE United States Title Match: Dean Ambrose vs. Kofi Kingston

Everyone seems to be picking Ambrose to win this match. It wouldn't surprise me if WWE did a swerve and had Kofi win, but it does seem like Kofi is going to drop the title to Ambrose tonight. The first of many title wins for Ambrose I think.

Winner and new WWE United States Champion: Dean Ambrose

Best Rating: ***1/4
Worst Rating: **1/4

I Quit #1 Contender Match: Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger

I don't want to predict Del Rio because that's too predictable, but I don't expect to see a Swagger vs. Ziggler feud. It's not guaranteed that Del Rio will win just because Del Rio is a face and it's an I Quit match, but I don't expect Swagger to win this match.

Winner: Alberto Del Rio

Best Rating: ***3/4
Worst Rating: **

Strap Match: Sheamus vs. Mark Henry

This match could be very entertaining or very boring. I don't know who will win. I will pick Sheamus because he needs the win more.

Winner: Sheamus

Best Rating: ****
Worst Rating: *1/2

Tag Team Title Tornado Match: Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan

It seems that every PPV, it is being predicted that Team Hell No is going to lose. I think it happens at this PPV. Each member of The Shield will have championship gold and Daniel Bryan can finally get back on the road to another World Championship reign. 

Winner: Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins

Best Rating: ****
Worst Rating: **1/2

Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship: Ryback vs. John Cena

It wouldn't surprise me if Ryback wins. Cena has lost many matches he was expected to win (see his matches vs. Edge at Backlash 09, Punk at MitB 11, Sheamus at TLC 09 and Wade Barrett at HiaC 10). I'm going to play it safe and say Cena retains because I expect him to hold the title for a long time, but a loss wouldn't be a huge surprise. Like Sheamus vs. Henry, this match is either going to be awesome or terrible.

Winner: John Cena

Best Rating: ****
Worst Rating: *3/4

Steel Cage Match: Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

I don't really care who wins this match. All I want is that somebody bleeds in that match. Make it happen Triple H. Who wins this match? Lesnar did the job at WrestleMania so now Triple H will reward him by losing tonight. 

Winner: Brock Lesnar

Best Rating: ****1/2
Worst Rating: **1/2

2 comments:

  1. I can see Kofi keeping the belt as well to put over how good The Shield is as a team compared to going solo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went 7-0-1. Not bad for a PPV I thought was hard to predict.

    ReplyDelete