Sunday, November 18, 2012

WWE Survivor Series 2012 Review


Tonight is WWE Survivor Series live on Pay-Per-View. Survivor Series is in Indianapolis, Indiana. That's somewhat close to Chicago, but it's at least two hours away so don't expect a Chicago crowd. I thought about going, but it's a little bit farther away than I thought it was so I won't be there tonight. There are five announced matches on the PPV card and I will preview all of them. I won't preview the pre-show match.

United States Championship Match:
Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. R-Truth

WWE has done a really poor job promoting this match. I didn't like the match-up so I needed a good story to get me interested and there isn't really much of a storyline with this match. This match is a match just should have used for WWE Main Event and not the 4th biggest PPV event of the year.

Winner: Antonio Cesaro

Team Foley vs. Team Ziggler in a Tag Team Elimination Match:
Kane, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston & The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, Damien Sandow, Wade Barrett & TBA (To Be Announced)

This match is hard to predict. I want to go with the heel team because it seems the heel team usually wins multiple man tag team matches. Also, Foley's winning percentage is one of the worst in WWE history so he's not a great team captain. But, I think a lot heels will win tonight and I know the good guys need to win too so I'll go with Team Foley. I'm not expecting a classic, but it could be a fun match between ***1/2 and ****. And for what it's worth, I'm predicting that Jack Swagger will be the final member of Team Ziggler.  

Winner: Team Foley

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Big Show (c) vs. Sheamus

The days of World Championship hot potato are over. Big Show just won the title. He won't lose it this quickly and when he does lose it, he won't lose it to Sheamus. This should be a good match, but this match should have been a gimmick match. I like the story of this match-up so if I did watch the PPV, this is a match I would want to watch.

Winner: Big Show

WWE Divas Championship Match:
Eve (c) vs. Kaitlyn

The title needs to stay on Eve because the match-ups are better with Eve as champion. We could see Eve vs. Natalya or Eve vs. AJ in the future. What would we see if Kaitlyn was champion? Kaitlyn vs. Alicia Fox? Kaitlyn vs. Aksana? Are any of those match-ups worthy of being on a PPV?

Winner: Eve

WWE Championship Triple Threat Match:
CM Punk (c) vs. Ryback vs. John Cena

Today is day 364 of CM Punk's title reign. If WWE takes the title off CM Punk one day before a full year, I will be very pissed. Despite being at a statistical disadvantage, title holders usually have good success in triple threat matches. CM Punk won triple threat matches at No Way Out and Summerslam. I think he will win this match too.

Winner: CM Punk

This could be a good PPV. In my opinion, this is a three match PPV with two or three bathroom breaks. I don't expect any of the three matches to be amazing, but they should all be fun to watch. I think Big Show vs. Sheamus might steal the show, but I wish it was a no holds barred match. Survivor Series doesn't feel like a Big Four PPV and it's probably time it should stop being called a major PPV. I looked at old Survivor Series cards and they used to have at least three traditional Survivor Series matches. Now there is only one. It has become just another PPV in my opinion. If WWE really cared about Survivor Series, they would put Foley in the traditional Survivor Series match and not just have him be the team cheerleader. I think most people will like this PPV, but it won't be as good as SummerSlam or Royal Rumble.

1 comment:

  1. Cena in new gear tonight. The Prototype returns?

    ReplyDelete