Sunday, October 28, 2012

WWE Hell in a Cell 2012 Preview


WWE Hell in a Cell is tonight in Atlanta, Georgia. I will give my predictions for all six matches in this review. 

Kofi Kingston (c) vs. The Miz for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

This match has happened too many times in the last few weeks. WWE shouldn't have given this match away for free on WWE Main Event, but I doubt that will have a big impact on PPV buys. I don't think Kofi will drop the title this early in his title reign so I expect him to win. This should have been a Smackdown match.

Winner: Kofi Kingston

Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio

I don't expect this match to steal the show, but it should be one of the best mid-card matches of the year. Anything less would be a big disappointment because these guys are good enough to be in the main event. Orton needs to get back in the World Title picture so he needs this win more than Del Rio.

Winner: Randy Orton

Team Hell No (Kane & Daniel Bryan) (c) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow) for the WWE Tag Team Championship

I wouldn't be surprised if this match ends up being the tag team MOTY. It could be really good if it gets enough time. I don't think now is the right time for Team Hell No to drop the titles.

Winner: Team Hell No

Sheamus (c) vs. The Big Show in a Hell In A Cell Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

I want to believe this match will be good, but it probably won't be good. This match isn't unpredictable because Big Show doesn't have any impressive PPV wins this year other than WrestleMania. I think WrestleMania is his only PPV win this year. If he had a few more PPV wins, I might think he could defeat Sheamus, but Big Show has shown that he usually loses his big matches. Big Show says he is great, but he hasn't proven it yet.

Winner: Sheamus

BONUS MATCH: Sheamus (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

I'm expecting Dolph Ziggler to cash-in his briefcase and become the new World Heavyweight Champion. This is a great time to do it.

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Eve Torres (c) vs. Layla vs. Kaitlyn in a triple threat match for the WWE Divas Championship

This match might be a little bit more interesting than most divas matches. I think Kaitlyn and Layla will fight over who gets to pin Eve and that will help Eve retain her championship.

Winner: Eve Torres

CM Punk (c) vs. Ryback in a Hell In A Cell Match for the WWE Championship

Ryback is not going to win this match. His undefeated streak is not like Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania. The announcers acknowledge that Ryback is undefeated, but it's not a big part of the storyline. CM Punk is not talking about ending Ryback's streak. The streak is not really getting mentioned a lot so don't be surprised if the streak ends tonight. I think the plan for Ryback is to make him a main event star and I don't think the plan is to make him an undefeated main event star. That's too similar to Goldberg's gimmick and WWE doesn't like copying from WCW. CM Punk's WWE Championship reign needs to continue more than Ryback's undefeated streak needs to continue. Ryback is not ready for the WWE Championship. In my opinion, he is Punk's opponent because he is the strongest opponent available and not because WWE plans to give him the title.

Winner: CM Punk

I don't see any classic matches on this card, but there could be as many as five ***+ matches. It probably won't be a great PPV, but I think it could be entertaining from start to finish.

5 comments:

  1. Concerning the Punk/Ryback match, WWE hasn't gotten enough credit. There are so many ways it could go down and a TON of interchangeable parts. Punk, Ryback, Paul, Brock, Cena, hearing Big Show, Ziggler, potential double crosses, shows of strength, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I liked how they planted the seeds about a month ago!

      Delete
  2. I have been looking the World Wide Web for this information and I want to thank you for this post. It’s not easy to find such perfectly written information on this topic. Great Work!

    ReplyDelete