Sunday, September 16, 2012

WWE Night of Champions 2012 Preview


WWE Night of Champions is tonight on Pay-Per-View. In this preview, I will write about my thoughts about the matches and my predictions.

Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio (World Heavyweight Championship match)

If the WWE wants me to think Del Rio is the favorite in this match because Sheamus can't use the Brogue Kick, they failed. I just don't see Del Rio winning the title because Ziggler is probably going to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase on a babyface and Del Rio is a heel. The SummerSlam match was okay and this match will probably be no better or worse than that match. Sheamus wins with the Texas Cloverleaf...very predictable.

Winner: Sheamus

Antonio Cesaro vs. Winner of the Pre-Show battle royal (United States Championship match)

I don't care who Cesaro is facing because I think Cesaro is going to win. Santino had a long title reign (167 days!) so it makes no sense why Cesaro's reign would last less than 30 days.

Winner: Antonio Cesaro 

Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler

This could be a good match and it's an interesting match-up because I'm not sure who will win. Orton should win, but I can see Ziggler winning after getting help from Vickie.

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Kaitlyn vs. Layla (Divas Championship match)

Kaitlyn wasn't supposed to be in this match so I think Layla will retain.

Winner: Layla

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Sin Cara (Fatal Four-Way match for the Intercontinental Championship)

This could be a nice sleeper match. I like the guys in this match and it should be a PPV quality match. Who will win? I doubt Cody Rhodes will win the title back. He just had it earlier this year. I don't think Rey or Sin Cara will win the title so I'm going to say The Miz retains.

Winner: The Miz

Kane & Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston & R-Truth (WWE Tag Team Championship match)

This is a tough match to predict. I want Kane and Daniel Bryan to win, but they were put in this match on the last RAW before the PPV so I don't think the plan is to take the titles off Kingston and R-Truth. What will probably happen is that Kane and Daniel Bryan won't work together and that will cause them to lose the match.

Winners: Kofi Kingston & R-Truth

CM Punk vs. John Cena (WWE Championship match) 

Punk has been champion for over 300 days. I think at this point, the WWE should just let Punk go the full year with the title. Boston won't care if Cena loses. They will probably be happy that he lost because Boston hates Cena despite what the WWE wants you to believe. 

Winner: CM Punk

As of right now, I won't be watching this PPV live. The only match I really care about is the WWE Championship match. My new rule is that I don't watch something just for one match unless it's something really big like The Rock vs. John Cena. Or The Rock vs. CM Punk at the Royal Rumble. The mid-card matches look okay, but the fact that there is only two main event matches on the PPV is not good. The best thing about this PPV is that it seems that CM Punk will finally be in the main event. It's too bad it had to be against John Cena. One random thought before I go...where did Big Show go? He just disappeared for no reason. I hate it when the WWE does that. Maybe Big Show will make a surprise appearance tonight. It will be also interesting to find out who is working with Michael Cole tonight.

3 comments: