Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ten Signs You Might Be a Wrestling Fan

The website 411mania posted a column last year called "Signs You Might Be a Wrestling Fan". Click HERE to read the column. I will post the ten signs from the column and then reveal which ones I am guilty of.
  1. You know the correct spelling of Ric Flair's catchphrase. It's "Woooo" not "Whoooo".
  2. You raise your arms above your head, give two thumbs up and point to yourself three times while shouting your initials just like Rob Van Dam.
  3. You own many wrestling videos because you found them at a low price.
  4. You have attempted The HHH Water Spray.
  5. You get excited when you randomly meet another wrestling fan in person.
  6. You have broken furniture because you practiced wrestling moves on it.
  7. You find yourself using terms only wrestling fans would understand in normal conversation.
  8. You have the PPV Calender memorized. 
  9. You say that wrestling is scripted and not fake.
  10. You have, at least once in your life, superkicked the air.  
Let's see if any of these signs apply to me.

1: I know the correct spelling of "Woooo", but I didn't know that people often misspell that word.
2: I've never done that.
3: That describes me very well. What was the price of the cheapest wrestling video I have purchased? $0.50 at my local library. That's right...50 cents. That was earlier this year.
4: Who hasn't attempted The HHH Water Spray at least once?
5: I get so excited randomly meeting other wrestling fans. It's amazing how easy it is to talk to other wrestling fans that you have never met before.
6: I don't think I have broken any furniture, but I have pretended that my couch/bed was a WWE ring and my pillows were steel chairs.
7: I rarely use wrestling terms in normal conversation, but I do sometimes try to figure out who are the "faces" and "heels" in movies. I remember thinking that Harvey Dent had a nice heel turn in the Dark Knight.
8: I know what month each PPV occurs in, but I couldn't tell you the exact date until one or two weeks before the event. I do know the exact date if I will be attending the PPV.
9: Yes, wrestling is definitely not fake...it's scripted. Any wrestling fan knows that.
10: Not only have I superkicked the air, but I once fell on my back attempting a Superkick and left a dent in my kitchen floor.

I would say I'm guilty of seven out of the ten. I'm definitely a wrestling fan.

3 comments:

  1. I used to do the Masterpiece Flex after I got out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I've really ever done is go around to people at work and introduce myself(to people I already knew) as Dolph Ziggler like he used to do.

      Delete