Friday, December 9, 2011

WWE Smackdown Review (December 9, 2011)


WWE Friday Night Smackdown was at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida this week.


Wade Barrett vs. Ezekiel Jackson

Winner: Wade Barrett

Rating: ** I thought this match was a little bit boring. Barrett-Jackson is not an exciting match-up.


Ted DiBiase vs. Jinder Mahal

Winner: Ted DiBiase

Rating: **1/4 This was an okay match. I would have liked to see it go a little bit longer.


Sheamus vs. David Otunga

Winner: Sheamus

Rating: **1/2 Otunga actually got in some offense but Sheamus dominated most of this match. I liked this match. Otunga got beat up for the second week in a row but it is enjoyable to see him get beat up even though I like Otunga. David Otunga is a very good jobber and he is making his opponents look good. I hope Otunga continues to be used in matches. He's great in his "lawyer" role but I think he has value as a wrestler too.


Zack Ryder vs. Heath Slater

Winner: Zack Ryder

Rating: *1/2 Short match and Ryder squashed Slater. Either Ryder is getting a lot better or Slater is getting a lot worse. I'm not sure which is happening.


Cody Rhodes vs. Daniel Bryan

Winner: Cody Rhodes via Disqualification

Rating: **3/4 Good match. The match ended when Booker T interfered in the match. If the match continued and had a clean finish, I think this could have been one of the best matches on Smackdown this year. I hope Daniel Bryan and Cody Rhodes have another match together in the near future. I enjoyed what I saw before Booker T entered the ring.


Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler

Winner: Randy Orton

Rating: **3/4 Another solid match for Orton. Ziggler did a good job too.

Best Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes

No offense to Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler, but I have seen them face each other too many times. I can't remember seeing many Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes matches. Daniel vs. Cody looked like a good match-up. I think that would be a good future feud.

Worst Match: Zack Ryder vs. Heath Slater

This match was too short. That's too bad because Heath Slater is actually a decent in-ring performer and I'm sure the fans wanted to see a longer Zack Ryder match. Ryder is the Tim Tebow of the WWE. This could have been an enjoyable match if it got more time.

4 comments:

  1. In the Ryder/Slater match, they probably wanted to push Ryder and punish Slater.

    I agree about Otunga. That might've been his best 1 on 1 non-gimmick match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have any of you seen Lita's mugshot? She looks so damn old now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chadam

    Holy shit...that's going into the pro wrestling mugshot HOF. I think Booker T is still #1 though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lita looks "thin".

    ReplyDelete