Friday, November 11, 2011

WWE Smackdown Review (November 11, 2011)


Smackdown was in Liverpool, England this week. There were seven matches on Smackdown and I will review all of them.


Christian vs. Sheamus

I wasn't very excited about this match but it was a decent match. I don't think Sheamus vs. Christian is a great match-up but they did a good job in this match. There were some exciting spots and good back-and-forth action. Not as good as Orton vs. Rhodes last week but it was another good Smackdown opening match. It's too bad Christian lost again. I can't remember the last time he won.

Winner: Sheamus

Rating:
***


Ted DiBiase vs. Jinder Mahal


This was a short match. It was a good win for DiBiase but I would have liked to see more. DiBiase could become one of my favorite Superstars in the WWE but he needs to get a shot at the Intercontinental Championship or at least get a Pay-Per-View feud. I can see that DiBiase has potential but the WWE isn't giving him a push. The announcers talked about the "DiBiase Posse" like they do every week. They say he tailgates with his Twitter followers before WWE Live Events. That sounds interesting. I should start following him and try to see him when RAW comes to Chicago in December.

Winner:
Ted DiBiase

Rating:
No Rating


Alicia Fox vs. Tamina

I think a big reason why people don't care about the divas division is because many of the divas don't have a current storyline. For example, it seems that Alicia Fox is now a face and Tamina is now a heel. I watch the WWE every week. I don't remember how Alicia turned face and I don't remember how Tamina turned heel. I don't really care but if the WWE continues to treat the divas like shit then the WWE Universe will continue to not give a shit. As for the match, it was mediocre but Alicia and Tamina looked decent in the ring. It's nice to know that there are talented divas in the WWE not named Beth Phoenix or Natalya Neidhart.


Winner:
Alicia Fox

Rating:
**


Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry
 
The WWE continues to tease a possible Mark Henry vs. Daniel Bryan match at WrestleMania 28. Their match on Smackdown was not great but I still think these two could have a classic WrestleMania match. Mark Henry dominated during this match which makes Daniel Bryan look bad but this could potentially be great storytelling if the WWE are trying to make Daniel Bryan look like a huge underdog going into WrestleMania. I think Mark Henry is the perfect opponent for Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania. Daniel Bryan would have a better match with someone like Randy Orton but I think Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry would be a more memorable match. Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant at WrestleMania 3 wasn't a great wrestling match but it's arguably the most famous WrestleMania match of all-time. 

Winner:
Mark Henry

Rating:
**1/2


Big Show vs. Three Local Athletes

Big Show easily won this short handicap match. I don't really want to review this match but it happened so it must get reviewed. The purpose of this match was to make Big Show look strong but instead I noticed how weak those three "local athletes" looked. They also looked very small compared to the Big Show. It wasn't an impressive win for the Big Show. It's a good thing he won because I think it would have been embarrassing if he lost.

Winner:
Big Show

Rating:
No Rating


Hunico and Epico vs. The Usos

This match was okay. It looked like a good match-up on paper but the actual match was mediocre. I guess a big reason for that was because it was a quick match. I will say that Hunico looked good in the match. He looks like a guy you don't want to meet in South Central Los Angeles. Hunico has a "gangster" look. After the match, Hunico, Epico, and Primo (yes, Primo was there but I don't think it was mentioned that he's Epico's cousin) attacked one of the Usos by using stolen finishing moves. Primo stole Carlito's Backstabber, Epico stole Chris Jericho's Codebreaker, and Hunico stole Jeff Hardy's Swanton Bomb. I hope this leads to a feud in which all three of those Superstars return to the WWE and get their revenge. Actually, I hope only Jericho comes back. Jeff can stay in TNA and Carlito can stay where ever Carlito is currently staying.

Winners:
Hunico and Epico

Rating:
**1/4


Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett

This was a disappointing match. Orton had a great match last week but his match this week was boring. It was good to see Wade Barrett get the win but it's too bad he didn't have a more impressive win. Instead of a clean win after hitting his Wasteland finishing move, he won after a thumb to the eye and a roll-up. I want to believe that Barrett's win will lead to a big push but most likely he won so Orton can get his revenge at Survivor Series. I'm starting to get tired of Orton. I want him to turn heel again. I miss the old Orton.


Winner:
Wade Barrett

Rating:
**1/4

Best Match:
Christian vs. Sheamus

I wasn't expecting to do this but I'm giving the Best Match award to Christian vs. Sheamus. I'm not a big fan of their feud but they had a good match on Smackdown. I gotta give credit where credit is due.


Worst Match:
Alicia Fox vs. Tamina

This was my least favorite match of the night but Alicia and Tamina were good in the ring. It wasn't a good match but both of them clearly deserve to be on the WWE roster.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good show, wish I didn't miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Chadam: Youtube is your friend.

    @ Tony: It looks like Barrett is using his old mug shot hair style in that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't that good...Christian vs. Sheamus was the only decent match. The rest were either bad or average at best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Capt. Smooth

    Yeah I noticed that while watching the match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Tony: Watch, they'll be giving him a Baetles-type gimmick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 5th Beatle? Maybe they can book Paul McCartney vs. Wade Barrett at WrestleMania.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be fresh.

    Maybe he could come out to "I wanna hold your hand"?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you hear Daniel Bryan's theme song last night? I forgot to mention it in my review...I LOVED IT. It was a Flight of the Valkies (sp?) remix. That was always my favorite DB theme song.


    NEW DANIEL BRYAN SONG!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't got to see it yet, I have it on my DVR so I will be watching it soon enough now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This layout makes me want to bring back my RAW reviews...

    ReplyDelete