Friday, October 14, 2011

The Keg Stand (October 14, 2011)


Welcome to the first ever edition of "The Keg Stand". This column idea was given to me by JCITY over at The Infamous JCITY. He helped me write my fourth "What If" column and at the end of it, JCITY wrote, "I think a good column idea would be 'The Keg Stand' where you stand on your soapbox and rant and rave about whatever you want. In your case there will be no soapbox, just me holding you upside down as you chug away at the proverbial keg." He wrote that in June and now I have decided to attempt his column idea. In this column, I will rant and rave about current topics in the WWE. I'll pick five things that are happening or happened recently and I'll just give my thoughts about them. 



Mr. McMahon returns to WWE TV

The internet rumors of Vince McMahon returning to television soon were true. Less than three months after we saw Mr. McMahon for what seemed to be the final time on WWE TV, Mr. McMahon made a special appearance on RAW last Monday. I wasn't convinced that Mr. McMahon was gone forever but I thought we wouldn't see him again for the rest of 2011. I think Mr. McMahon is appearing too many times on RAW in 2011. He needs to appear on TV either almost every week or only a couple times a year. If he keeps appearing on TV every few months, his "special" appearances will no longer feel special.


Triple H is relieved of his duties as WWE COO

Mr. McMahon appeared on RAW last Monday because he had to announce that Triple H was relieved of his duties as the COO of RAW. McMahon also said that a permanent COO will be named eventually which sounds interesting to me because it could be Mick Foley. I am surprised that Triple H is no longer the COO. I wonder what will be Triple H's role in the WWE for the rest of the year. It's been almost three months since Triple H was named the COO and I think he has been on RAW every week since then. Triple H was gone for most of 2010 and appeared in only a few RAW episodes in 2011 before he became COO so it's cool to see Triple H being on RAW every week now. I remember watching Triple H in 2000 when I was only 11 years old and he will always be one of my favorite WWE Superstars. I know Triple H will eventually take another long break from the WWE and I hope this doesn't mean he will be going away soon.


Jim Ross is fired from RAW

A lot of interesting things happened on RAW last Monday. One of them was Jim Ross being fired by interim COO John Laurinaitis. I'm upset that once again Jim Ross is not one of the RAW announcers. I was so excited when Triple H announced that Jim Ross would be returning to RAW. JR didn't get many opportunities to talk during his brief return to RAW but it was nice to have a third person on RAW because I was tired of hearing Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler arguing with each other all the time. JR was a little bit rusty in his first few weeks back but lately he has been sounding better at commentary so I don't understand why he would be removed from the RAW announce table. The fans want him to be a WWE announcer and it sounds like JR didn't want to leave the announce table so why is the WWE taking him off commentary? And by the way, I read that no one told JR that he was going to be "fired" on RAW. That's really unprofessional by the WWE if it's true especially since RAW was in Oklahoma which is JR's home state. JR is a fucking legend and the WWE continues to treat him like a piece of shit. It really pisses me off.


Cody Rhodes and Randy Orton are feuding

This is the feud I wanted to see. It's not official yet but it looks like Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes will have a Pay-Per-View match at Vengeance. Orton and Rhodes have had some great matches on Smackdown this year so I'm sure they would have a great PPV match. This could be one of the best WWE feuds of 2011 and I hope Cody Rhodes talks about his time with Randy Orton in Legacy. If Rhodes and Orton focus on the fact that Rhodes used to work for Orton, this feud could be very personal. 


CM Punk and Triple H will be teaming together at WWE Vengeance

The last big announcement on last Monday's RAW was that The Miz and R-Truth would be facing CM Punk and Triple H in a tag team match at the Vengeance PPV. I'm looking forward to finding out what will happen. Will Triple H and CM Punk be happy that they are on the same team? Will CM Punk and Triple H refuse to be on the same team? Will Triple H or CM Punk cause their team to lose the match? Will Triple H turn heel at Vengeance? I want to think that Triple H and CM Punk still hate each other but they seemed very friendly in the ring last Monday. Triple H even let CM Punk wear his suit jacket! I have no idea what will happen but if Triple H and CM Punk become best friends, I might have to excuse myself so I can vomit in my toilet.

I hope you enjoyed my first Keg Stand. I hope to continue this column each week with five new topics.





2 comments:

  1. I agree 100% on McMahon. This is how Undertaker's character is so special, limited appearances.

    Triple H is one of my all time favs as well, I hope he will 'never' leave WWE, even if it came to a stage where he was an on screen role, someone like John Lauranitius where he'll be behind the scene crew and will make an appearance for w while.

    I actually find it hard to tolerate myself to listen to Cole. JY did barely speak.

    I'm also glad Orton and Rhodes are feuding, hopefully Cody will get a push after this.

    I'm happy Triple H will be performing again, man he knows how to put on a show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Toney,caught you from JCity's site.

    ReplyDelete