Tuesday, August 2, 2011

RAW Comments (08/1/2011)


WWE Monday Night RAW was live from the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana this week. Here are my RAW Comments.

The video package at the start of RAW that recapped the last two weeks was awesome. It was fun to see clips from Money in the Bank. I had a lot of fun that night. I can't wait to buy the DVD.

CM Punk and Triple H had a great opening promo. It was over 20 minutes long and I loved every second. It wasn't an epic promo or a historic promo but it was very solid and very fun to watch. CM Punk at one point got Triple H so mad that Triple H said to Punk, "I'll be the first guy to tell ya I got a massive ego. And right now that massive ego is telling me to slap every one of those silly little rotten ass tattoos off your skinny fat ass!" When Triple H said that, he sounded like the old Triple H. He should definitely turn heel in the future because I think he is one of greatest heels of all-time. CM Punk is so awesome that he helped promote three matches in one promo. That's right...I said three matches. The first match was obviously Punk vs. John Cena which we would learn more about later that night. The second match was CM Punk vs. Triple H which I just read could be a possible Survivor Series match in New York City. The third match was one that I didn't think was a possible match. During Punk's promo, he talked about how the WWE released talented Superstars like Batista, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, and Brock Lesnar. Later that night, Chris Jericho wrote on his Twitter page, "Everyone is so excited that mentioned me on Raw. Newsflash...I don't give a shit. Mind ur own business and stop rippin me off Punk." That tweet sounded very heelish of Jericho. This morning, I was reading WrestleZone online and WrestleZone had an exclusive story about the Jericho tweet.

WrestleZone wrote,

"WrestleZone has learned exclusively from a key WWE insider that Jericho has been pitching for himself to work with Punk at WrestleMania next year. Additionally, we can confirm that this reaction is story line oriented, and that there is no real bad blood between Punk and Jericho following Raw tonight."
Jericho vs. CM Punk at WrestleMania 28? That would be an awesome match. It sounds like Jericho would be still heel but at least he would be back in the WWE. I hope it happens.

Beth Phoenix turned heel last night. I honestly didn't care much about that. We have seen Beth Phoenix as a heel before so that is nothing new. I'm not a big fan of the Divas Division but I would have enjoyed a Kelly Kelly heel turn. I'm hoping that this heel turn leads to a Beth Phoenix vs. Kharma WrestleMania match. I'd be somewhat interested in that.

I think R-Truth and The Miz would make an interesting tag team. It's too bad R-Truth is feuding with John Morrison right now, but after that feud is over, I really think the WWE should give a R-Truth and Miz tag team a chance. I would make them the Tag Team Champions. It would make The Miz a champion again and it would make the Tag Team Division interesting again like when JeriShow were the Tag Team Champions.

I'm starting to get sick of Alex Riley already. I want to like him but I liked him better when he was a heel. Hopefully he can change my mind soon.

Why was Santino wearing a Cobra sock on his hand? He obviously stole that idea from Mankind's Mr. Socko. It's Mr. Cobra!


Zack Ryder got a match on RAW for the second week in a row! I guess that means the world is going to end soon. The fans in Indiana loved Ryder so I'm guessing we'll continue to see him on RAW. The guy was able to use the internet to get him more TV time...I'm impressed. Why was Santino teaming with Ryder instead of Kozlov? Did I miss something?

 Triple H's big announcement was that John Cena would face CM Punk in a Champion vs. Champion match at SummerSlam. I knew that would happen but I guess there were some people that are dumb and said to themselves, "Holy shit...that's a great idea. I never thought of that!" It feels weird when Triple H keeps saying that this is the first time there has been two WWE Champions. He is technically right but the reason that this storyline doesn't feel as epic as it should is because about 10 years ago The Rock was the WCW Champion and Stone Cold was the WWE Champion so the WWE had a tournament at the Venegeance Pay-Per-View in 2001 to determine the Undisputed Champion. So this feels similar to that. It is not a new idea but then again not many ideas are new these days in the WWE. They are just recycled storylines. By the way, Chris Jericho won that tournament but I'm sure you already know that.

I hated the ending of RAW. CM Punk and John Cena had a contest to see who could get the biggest pop and their musics kept playing. It was so awful. It's never a good thing when I laugh at something that was not supposed to be funny.

Before I go, I got two questions. What happened to the RAW GM? Is Rey Mysterio ever going to get his WWE Championship rematch? Sadly, I'm assuming those questions will never be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment