Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My thoughts on the Mr. McMahon/John Cena promo on RAW last night

I'm not writing a RAW Comments this week. My excitement for a taped RAW is not the same as a live RAW. I watched RAW last night and it was alright. The only thing I found interesting was the John Cena and Mr. McMahon promo at the end of the show so I'll just devote an article to that promo.

Before I discuss my thoughts about the promo, below is the video of that promo.



So what does this promo mean? Is Mr. McMahon going to screw CM Punk at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view so he doesn't leave as the champion? Is McMahon really going to fire Cena if Punk becomes the champion? First of all, I don't think this promo spoils anything. John Cena will be fired if CM Punk leaves Chicago as the WWE Champion according to Mr. McMahon. Does that mean if John Cena loses, he will be fired? No. Who said, "If John Cena loses, he is fired"? No one. McMahon said Cena will be fired if Punk leaves with the WWE Championship. What if Cena wins and then Nexus comes out and starts beating up John Cena? After Cena is beaten up by Nexus, Punk takes his championship and leaves. That would be CM Punk leaving with the championship so Cena should be fired for that. This has nothing to do with Cena winning or losing. It's all about what happens to the WWE Championship. John Cena could lose but if the RAW Money in the Bank ladder match winner comes out, cashes in his briefcase, and wins the title, then Cena keeps his job.

I know people assume someone other than Punk will leave as champion because the WWE won't fire Cena. However, there was a match last year that people assumed Cena would win because he would be forced to join Nexus if he lost. What happened? Cena lost. Cena joined Nexus. Then there was another match in which Cena would be fired if Wade Barrett did not become the new WWE Champion at the end of the match. Many people assumed that meant Wade Barrett would leave as the champion. What happened? Wade Barrett did not become WWE Champion at the end of the match. Cena was fired. But after Cena was fired, he eventually got his job back. If he can get fired and come back once, he can get fired and come back again. So I do think CM Punk could leave as the WWE Champion even if that means that Cena would be fired.

What is my prediction about what will happen at Money in the Bank? I predict that CM Punk will win and then the RAW MITB winner (Alberto Del Rio?) cashes in his briefcase on Punk and wins the WWE Championship. But that's just a prediction and that prediction could change after next week's RAW. I really don't know what will happen at Money in the Bank. The WWE really has a good storyline right now that has several possible outcomes. I can't wait to find out what actually happens at Money in the Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment