Friday, April 29, 2011

Welcome to How I Would Book It!

Welcome to my new blog. I'm Tony Kegger. The design for this blog right now is mediocre but maybe I will improve it. Right now the content of this blog is more important than the design. This blog will focus on the WWE aka World Wrestling Entertainment. I'm a big fan and this will be my first time writing about it. I hope to update this blog weekly. The title of this blog is subject to change. I would have liked a better blog title but for now the main purpose of this blog at the moment is to display my work. Since "How I Would Book It" is the title of the column I will be posting here probably 95% of the time, that will be the title of this blog for now.

The main reason I am doing this blog is because I recently applied to be a new writer at thejohnreport.net and I failed to get hired. I am disappointed but I was going up against 183 applicants so I knew that my chances of getting hired were slim. I am not a rookie writer. I wrote for my high school newspaper and I contributed to my high school's official web site. I also wrote for my college newspaper. I have a couple other blogs under a different name that you probably never heard about but they are out there. I can write. However, I usually write about sports and the WWE is not a sport. I am basically a rookie wrestling writer so the fact I failed to get hired at The John Report does not surprise me. But here is the reason I'm making this blog. The John Report asked applicants to submit a column. This column would be a weekly addition to the website if the applicant got hired so I picked a column topic I knew I could do every week. My column didn't get selected but I had thought of several column story ideas so I would be ready if I got hired. Instead of letting those stories get buried in my mind forever, I decided to post them here. If The John Report is not going to display my work, I am going to find other ways to get my stuff out there. Even if I don't get anywhere close to the amount of exposure my work would have gotten on The John Report, at least it is out there. I think some of these column stories could be interesting and I want to write them.

By now, you are probably wondering what my column is about. I will get to that. Shortly I will publish the column story that I sent to The John Report that was unfortunately not good enough to get me the job. The beginning paragraph of that story will explain all about what my column will be about. If anyone somehow stumbles upon this blog, I hope you like what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment